EPFO Account Holder? Your Family Can Get Rs 7 Lakh Insurance, If You Do This..
As revealed by the newest reports, Employees Provident Fund members will be required to file an e-nomination for online payment of online PF and pension.
Another huge plus here is that it will ensure insurance of up to Rs. 7 lakh for eligible family members. This will be under the Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI).
How To File EPF Nomination Online
Here’s a step by step procedure of how to file an EPF nomination online:
- Firstly, visit the EPFO website – https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- Next, you need to open the “Services” section where you’ll find the “For Employees” option. Once you select that, you will be redirected to another page.
- Next, you will be required to click on “Member UAN/Online Service”
- After that, you should log in with “UAN and Password”
- Next, select “e-Nomination” which will be under the “Manage Tab.”
- Once you select that, the “Provide Details” window will appear.
- Once you put in all the details, you will need to click on “Save.”
- Next, click on “Yes” when you are asked for a family declaration.
- Here, you can add one more nominee by clicking “Add family details.”
- Click on “Nomination Details” to declare the total amount of share, after which, you will need to click on “Save EPF Nomination.”
- Next, you need to click on the “E-sign” that will generate an OTP. This OTP will arrive on your mobile number that has been linked with the Aadhaar card.
This completes your registration of the e-nomination with the EPFO. After this e-nomination, no further physical documents will be required. Additionally, this also enables online claims.
EPFO Members Required To File e-Nomination Through UAN
It is compulsory for EPFO members to file e-nomination through UAN that has been allotted by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) that will ensure social security for their family members or nominees.
PF members should remember that EPFO will not ask its members to share any of their personal details like the Aadhaar, PAN, UAN, Bank Account or OTP over the phone or on social media.
Additionally, nomination can be updated as per requirements; however, it will be necessary after marriage. Self declaration is sufficient, and no documentation or approval is required from employers.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.