5 Facts About Purvanchal Expressway: Rs 65 Cr/Km Spent; Fighter Jets Can Land On Strips!
The widely talked about Purvanchal Expressway was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 16, 2021. It is among the biggest infrastructure projects completed by the Uttar Pradesh government.
The 341 km-long expressway located at Karwal Kheri in the Sultanpur district, connects Lucknow to the Ghazipur district. For the inauguration event, PM Modi landed at the airstrip in a C-130 Hercules plane on Tuesday, demonstrating that the six-lane highway is capable of landing aircrafts in emergency situations.
In this article, you will find the top five facts about the Purvanchal Expressway.
Top Facts About the Purvanchal Expressway
- The foundation stone for the 341 km-long expressway was laid by PM Modi in Azamgarh in July 2018, and costed an estimated amount of Rs 22,496 crore.
- The expressway connects Chandsarai village on the Lucknow-Sultanpur highway to the Haldaria village in Ghazipur district, crossing Barabanki, Amethi, Sultanpur, Faizabad, Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, and Mau.
- The six-lane expressway will benefit the state’s economic and social growth progress. It will also reduce the travel time between Lucknow to Buxar, Bihar seven hours to almost 4 hours, and to 3.5 hours between Lucknow to Ghazipur.
- At a distance of every 100 km, there are two rest stop areas constructed on the expressway, which are equipped with restaurants, petrol pumps, toilet facilities, garage, and other basic amenities.
- There are 18 flyovers, 7 railway over bridges, 7 long bridges, 104 minor bridges, 13 interchanges and 271 underpasses on the expressway.
Other important details linked to the newly-built expressway are:
- There will be a 3 km long runway at Kudebhar in Sultanpur district, especially made for the fighter jets of the Indian Air Force to take-off and land during emergency situations.
- Due to a significant cut in travel time, the Eastern parts of UP, like Lucknow, Barabanki, Amethi, Ayodhya, Sultanpur, Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, Mau and Ghazipur will be aided with economic benefits.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.