Netflix Reveals Hidden Data Of Top 10 Shows, Movies: 62 Cr Views For #1 Show! (Full Details)
Again it’s that time of the year when Netflix releases viewership numbers for its originals, of course they come with certain caveats or can be considered as a relaxed methodology.
Since, Netflix counts watching just two minutes of a TV show or a movie as a view.
Top Gainers On Netflix
Often we give up something in the first few minutes, so can it be really considered as “viewed” in the series? But Netflix seems to think so.
This would always remain a subject for discussion I guess.
The Netflix co-CEO and chief content officer,Ted Sarandos revealed At Vox Media’s Code Conference in Los Angeles on Monday that Bridgerton — the Regency-era London romantic drama series produced by Shondaland is the most watched show with 625 million hours of viewing in the first four weeks after release.
On an average of the 82 million households who watched Bridgerton in the first 28 days it comes to 7 hours and 37 minutes while Bridgerton season 1 ran for 8 hours and 10 minutes in total.
Below are the top 10 most watched series on Netflix.
- Bridgerton season 1, 625 million
- Money Heist season 4, 619 million
- Stranger Things 3, 582 million
- The Witcher season 1, 541 million
- 13 Reasons Why season 2, 496 million
- 13 Reasons Why season 1, 476 million
- You season 2, 457 million
- Stranger Things 2, 427 million
- Money Heist season 3, 426 million
- Ginny & Georgia season 1, 381 million
Most Watched Movies On Netflix
Talking about the movie, Sandra Bullock-led Bird Box emerged as winner with 282 million hours watched in the first 28 days.
It was seen by 89 million Netflix subscribers within the first four weeks, averaging to 3 hours and 10 minutes.
Interestingly it is much longer than its 2 hours and 4 minutes runtime, meaning it had repeated viewership.
Next place is secured by Chris Hemsworth’s Extraction which is the most-watched movie with 99 million households with 231 million hours.
With an average of 2 hours and 20 minutes, little bit more than its 1 hour and 57 minutes runtime. Below are the top 10 most watched movies on Netflix.
- Bird Box, 282 million
- Extraction, 231 million
- The Irishman, 215 million
- The Kissing Booth 2, 209 million
- 6 Underground, 205 million
- Spenser Confidential, 197 million
- Enola Holmes, 190 million
- Army of the Dead, 187 million
- The Old Guard, 186 million
- Murder Mystery, 170 million