Samsung Will Train 50,000 Indian Youths To Get Job In Electronics Sector Under Govt Scheme
Samsung India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with NSDC and announced the launch of Samsung DOST.
The digital and offline skills training project that aims to prepare 50,000 youth in the country for jobs in the electronics retail sector in collaboration with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Through its statewide skills training centres, NSDC will assist Samsung in implementing the initiative.
Samsung and NSDC have agreed to collaborate on the ‘Samsung DOST’ initiative, which will provide students with 200 hours of combined classroom and online training.
Samsung believes that by introducing this training project it will be a medium to deliver the right amount of skills necessary for jobs in India’s fast-growing electronics retail market.
How Is Training Structured?
- The duration of the training is five months.
- It will be on-the-job training in Samsung retail outlets.
- A competitive monthly stipend per industry standards.
- The participants will be trained at various training centres accredited and approved by NSDC.
- The training will be following the National Skill Qualification Framework.
- Customer interaction, managing sales counters, addressing customer enquiries, product demonstration and selling abilities, and various other soft skills, including post-Covid etiquettes, are all part of the programme, which will prepare them for a career in electronics retail.
Who Can Participate?
If you have completed your school education, you are eligible to participate in the programme which will be delivered by NSDC-approved training partners at 120 locations across the India.
Will You Be Certified?
Yes of course!
After the participants have completed their training, the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) will conduct examinations and certification.