Universal Travel Pass For Mumbai Local Launched: How To Get Pass, Rules For Mumbai Local
The Maharashtra government launched the e-pass facility for citizens who are fully vaccinated and wish to travel in suburban trains, on Thursday.
Trak.in had earlier in July informed its readers of the state government’s announcement on introducing a QR-coded universal pass that would ease the whole travel experience for local Train travelers, in addition to keeping a check on the issuance and usage of counterfeit train/metro tickets and passes.
The system will make the process of obtaining e-passes very smooth and convenient for the citizens of the city.
The only requirement for obtaining this ‘Universal Travel Pass’ is that the citizen should be fully vaccinated and must have completed the required 14 days after the date of second dose.
Universal QR Pass Mandatory for Travelling in Locals
The state government has developed a ‘universal travel pass’, equipped with a QR code, which will keep a check on travelers using fake passes, amid the travel restrictions put up.
The weblink developed by the state government is https://epassmsdma.mahait.org/.
The Disaster Management and Relief Fund Rehabilitation had developed a web link to provide e-pass to employees and citizens working in the essential services.
Now, these e-passes will be made available to common citizens too, provided they are fully vaccinated and have completed 14 days since the second dose, before boarding the train.
“This web link will be available on all web browsers. The e-pass should be saved in mobile and after showing the e-pass at the ticket window at suburban railway stations, the citizens will get a monthly travel pass directly from the railways. Thus, offline verification will not be required at railway stations, if universal e-pass is obtained”, said a BMC official.
They also added that eligible citizens applying for the pass will be automatically verified for completion of the Covid-19 vaccination through the weblink. No separate human interaction will be required for this online verification process.
The citizens who apply without completion of 14 days after the second dose of vaccine, will receive an e-pass only after completion of 14 days.
How to Apply for Universal Travel Pass
- On the state website of Disaster Management and Relief Fund Rehabilitation, you will find a call to action for the ‘Universal Travel Pass’ or,
- Simply click on this link: Universal Travel Pass
- Click on ‘Travel Pass’ for vaccinated citizens.
- Add the number registered with your Covid-19 vaccination, followed by receiving an OTP via text.
- On entering the OTP, your details like name, reference number, etc will appear on the screen.
- Click on ‘Generate Pass’. Upload your photograph in the ‘Self Image’ option.
- Once you are done agreeing to all the conditions and submitting the form, your application will be reviewed personally by the authorities.
- After completion of this process, the message will appear stating that the applicant will receive a link in 48 hours via SMS.
- Save your e-pass in your device’s gallery.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.