LIC Policy Holders Targeted For Massive Online Fraud: Don’t Do This, Warns LIC
In a tweet addressing all the life insurance holders, the Indian insurance and investment corporation, Life Insurance Corporation warned people to be careful of fake calls circulating from fraudsters posing as LIC or IRDAI officials.
Fraudulent Calls from Fake LIC Agents
Recently, LIC India Forever tweeted about customers getting fake calls from LIC or IRDAI officers and agents offering alluring benefits. The agency has warned its customers to be careful of such phishers.
Beware of phone calls from people posing as LIC or IRDAI officials or agents offering alluring benefits.”, mentioned the tweet.
The LIC has also issued notification on its website to warn people from such spurious calls.
The insurance agency has also informed that it never encourages policyholders to discontinue their existing policy/policies, or share any bonus information to their customers over phone calls.
List of Dos and Don’ts Issued by LIC
LIC has asked its customers to:
- Verify the authenticity of the policy information (shall they receive a call of spurious nature) through the agency’s official website, www.licindia.in, or contact the nearest LIC branch.
- Register the details of the call at the nearest police station, registering a complaint.
- Report any suspicious call received from such sources with brief particulars of the call, via email to [email protected].
LIC has restricted its customers from doing these:
- Entertain calls from unverified sources.
- Entertain any caller persuading to surrender the policy.
- Fall prey to any attractive offer promising benefits of LIC policies.
- Prohibit sharing your personal information or/and policy details.