Petrol Crosses Rs 100/Litre In These Cities; Diesel Price Breaks All Records
Petrol and Diesel prices in the country have once again increased and this time around, the prices of both petrol and diesel have now reached an all-time high in the country.
Petrol And Diesel Price Are Not Uniform Across The Country
The price of petrol and diesel varies throughout the country. The cost varies depending on factors such as VAT and freight charges. Aside from these, the central government also imposes an excise tax on automobile fuel.
In Madhya Pradesh, fuel prices were also raised for the seventh time this month, breaking previous records, and continued to retail above Rs100.
According to a price notification issued by state-owned fuel retailers in Delhi, both petrol and diesel prices have also risen by 25 paise. On Wednesday, petrol was priced at Rs 92.05 in the national capital, while diesel was priced at Rs 82.61.
The Unexplained Freeze In Oil Price Revision
Fuel prices are revised regularly by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL), and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) as per international benchmark prices and foreign exchange rates.
Oil Firms Announced A Rise In Retail Price
Oil firms had hit a pause button after cutting rates slightly on April 15, after resorting to an unexplained rate revision freeze in recent months. This occurred at a time during the time of elections in five states, including West Bengal, was at its height.
The oil firms announced a rise in retail prices as soon as the voting was completed, citing the firming trend in international oil markets.
After an 18-day hiatus, the price revision resumed last week.
Updated Prices Of Petrol and Diesel
- Mumbai: Petrol prices – Rs 98.36 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 89.75 per litre
- Chennai: Petrol prices – Rs 93.84 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 87.49 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol prices – Rs 92.16 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 85.45 per litre
- Pune: Petrol prices – Rs 98.00 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 88.03 per litre
- Bengaluru: Petrol prices – Rs 95.11 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 87.57 per litre
- Hyderabad: Petrol prices – Rs 95.67 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 90.06 per litre
- Bhopal: Petrol prices – Rs 100.08 per litre; diesel prices – Rs 90.05 per litre