General Public Not Allowed In Mumbai Local Now; Only These Passengers Allowed (Full List)
Effective 8PM, today that is April 14th, the entire Maharashtra will be placed under 2-week lockdown. Although the State Govt hasn’t described this as a lockdown, and has only described this as ‘curfew’.
Among the strict restrictions imposed, there is Mumbai Local as well.
General Public Not Allowed In Mumbai Local
As part of the restrictions, general public won’t be allowed to board Mumbai Local trains between April 14th and April 30th.
The purpose here is to break the chain of infections by stopping crowds from mingling, and the decision on Mumbai Local is a very important one.
CM Uddhav Thackeray said, “This is for your welfare. I am not happy doing it. If we do not break the COVID transmission chain, it will strangle us. Livelihood is important. But saving lives is a greater priority,”
Only those who are into essential services will be now allowed to board Mumbai Local.
Who Are Allowed To Board Mumbai Local?
As per the Govt directives, these are termed as essential workers, who will be allowed to board Mumbai local:
- Healthcare workers, and those into manufacturing/distribution of health care products
- Animal shelter care and Veterinary service
- Groceries and departmental store
- Diaries and milk product
- Employees of embassies and those working for diplomats
- Employees engaged in pre-monsoon works
- Public services
- Banks, SEBI recognised financial companies
- Telecom services
- Water supply
- Agriculture services
- Export Import
- Ecommerce deliveries of only essential commodities
- Cargo services
- Data Centre, and other critical IT services
- Gas services
- Postal services
- Manufacturing of raw materials, and packaging
Besides, any service that are deemed essential as per local administration.
Here is the official tweet