New 3AC Coaches Rolled Out By Indian Railways, Can Travel At 180 Kmph Speed! (Top 9 Features)
The trials of the new Economy AC 3-tier coach at 180 kmph was done by Indian Railways on Monday. A video on Monday was tweeted in which the coach was being tested at 180 kmph on the Kota – Sawai Madhopur section.
Low fares for the tickets of the luxury train along with rolling out a prototype of the Economy AC 3-tier coach with aircraft-style comforts was promised by the railways last month.
The Coach Being Tested At 180 kmph
The tweet read, “New AC 3-Tier coaches with modern facilities have been built. These coaches have been designed in an innovative way, having a capacity of 83 berths.Trial was conducted at 180 kmph in Kota – Sawai Madhopur section in loaded condition”.
The new coach, as against the 72 berth AC 3-tier coach, has 83 berths. In Express trains running upto 130kmph, the Economy AC coach is likely to replace sleeper coaches. According to railways, the reason behind such a decision is the inability of non-AC sleeper coaches to attain the speed of 130kmph.
Personalized reading lights, AC vents, USB points, mobile charging points, improved ladder to climb to the upper berth and snack tables next to the aisle berths are few of the luxuries of the Economy AC 3-tier coaches.
These coaches have been manufactured by RCF Kapurthala. The fare for the same will be lower than the regular AC 3-tier coaches but higher than the sleeper class coaches.
Top 9 features of the new Economy AC Coach are:
- Modified ladders for climbing middle and upper berths
- Personalized socket for charging mobiles and USB points
- Personalised AC vents for every berth
- Personalised reading lights for every berth
- Illuminated seat numbers
- 160 kmph speed potential keeping in mind future needs
- 83 berths as against 72 in AC-3 tier
- Fire proof berths with enhanced comfort
- Disabled friendly entry exit and one divyang friendly toilet per coach