Attention Aadhaar Card Holders: You Can Now Change These Details Online Via Aadhaar Website (Full Details)
The UIDAI has now announced that people can make changes to their Aadhaar card themselves from anywhere; there will be no need to go to any Aadhaar Kendra anymore to change any details!
How can you change your Aadhaar details? Read on to find all the details!
UIDAI Now Allows You To Change Your Aadhar Details Online
Taking into consideration the COVID-19 disease and the social distancing that is required to limit the spread of the disease, the UIDAI has announced that people can now make changes to their Aadhaar card online from the safety of their homes.
However, as per the Aadhaar issuing body Unique Identification Authority of India, this is only limited to some details on the Aadhaar card, and for some other specific details, people will need to go to the Aadhaar Kendra.
As per reports, our Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, and Language can be changed online. However, if you want to change other critical details, such as Head of Family/Guardian details or Biometric update, you will be required to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Enrolment/Update Centre.
However, your registered mobile number is mandatory for Online Aadhaar Update Request as an OTP will be received on your registered mobile number for Aadhaar Authentication.
You can also verify your email address and mobile number that was declared during enrolment or the latest successful processed update request, whichever is later.
How To Verify Your Email Address Online?
How to verify your email address on the UIDAI website:
- First, you need to visit the UIDAI website
- Also, you will be required to put in your details, such as your Aadhaar number, email address, and a security code.
- If you want to verify your email address, you will need to fill your Aadhaar number, email address, and the security code.
- After this, you will receive a notification on your email id that will carry an OTP.
- Type in the OTP on the right hand side of your page and verify it.
- Once your details match with that of the UIDAI, you will get a message that says “Congratulations! The Email ID matches with our records!”
This is the same procedure that you will need to follow in order to verify your mobile number. Only remember while filling in the details, you will need to input your mobile number and generate the OTP instead of an email address.