16% Products On Amazon Were Costlier During Festive Sales; Flipkart Offered Maximum Discount!
Now that the highly coveted mega sale seasons have come to end on Amazon and Flipkart, we would like to bring an interesting findings report to you.
As per a detailed study performed by Dataweave, a Bengaluru-based company, about 16% products on Amazon and 6% on Flipkart, were sold at a higher price in the ‘Amazon Great Indian Festival’ and ‘Flipkart Big Billion Day’ sales, respectively.
There are high chances that if you have purchased any products from the two e-commerce giants during these sale periods, you must have either paid a higher amount or the same amount, as on any other/ordinary day.
Flipkart Provided More Discount than Amazon
According to a report by Moneycontrol, Dataweave informed that upto 56% products on Amazon, while 47% on Flipkart were sold at the same price, as any other day, during the sale period.
In order to study these numbers, the Bengaluru based company took into account the top 500 highest ranked products across the most popular segments on the 2 platforms.
- Baby products, and
- Personal care
Dataweave also found out that while the sellers on Amazon offered discounts on only 26% of the total products in study, those on Flipkart offered discounts on 54% of these products.
On an average, Amazon offered 13.2% discounts across the 6 mentioned categories, while that of Flipkart was 15.2%.
Hiked Prices and Same Prices
Unlike sale seasons over the years, buyers this season were extremely picky about their spendings and purchases, courtesy of the pandemic.
Additionally, sellers too have been trying to revive their losses experienced in the 1st half of the year, with an increase of operational costs for ensuring proper hygiene and safety.
As per Dataweave,
- Amazon sold a total of 2,736 products at the same price during the sale, while Flipkart’s count was 1706.
- The number of products sold at a hiked price by Amazon was 1043, and Flipkrt stood at 517.
- At the same time, Amazon provided discounts on 1199 products, while Flipkart on 2703 products.
- Amazon provided the least discount on electronics goods at 7.2%, while maximum discounts on Amazon devices, at 33.8%.
- Flipkart provided highest discounts on Men’s fashion, at 24.7%.