Renault Duster 154 HP Is Rs 5 Lakh Cheaper Than Creta, Seltos Turbo: Price, Features, USPs
With the launch of Hyundai’s Creta Kia Seltos, the sale of Renault’s Duster had dropped drastically.
However, Renault is set to make a comeback!
On August 17, Renault announced the launch of the turbo petrol variant of Duster. Powerful than its original counterpart and Creta and Seltos turbo variants, it was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020.
Read on to find out more about the features of the Renault Duster turbo petrol…
Looks-wise the new Duster will look similar to its predecessor. However, here are some new changes that can be seen in the Duster turbo petrol-
- New Alloy Wheels with Red highlights
- Turbo Badging on the rear
- Red accents on the grille
- Foglamp housing and more.
- 1.3 litre turbo petrol engine with maximum power output (PS) of 156PS and a maximum torque of 254 Nm. Manual and Automatic transmission. Gasoline Direct Injection fuel system.
- 1.5 litre turbo petrol engine with maximum power output (PS) of 106PS and a maximum torque of 142 Nm. Only Manual transmission. Multi-Point injection fuel system.
- For manual transmission, 6-speed manual gearbox.
- For automatic transmission, CVT transmission.
- Front Brake- Disc, Rear Brake- Drum.
Renault Duster Turbo Petrol
|Model||Duster 1.5L Petrol MT||Duster 1.3L Petrol MT||Duster 1.3L Petrol CVT|
|RxE||Rs 8.59 lakh||Rs 10.49 lakh||–|
|RxS||Rs 9.39 lakh||Rs 11.39 lakh||Rs 12.99 lakh|
|RxZ||Rs 9.99 lakh||Rs 11.99 lakh||Rs 13.59 lakh|
|Model||Seltos 1.4 Turbo Petrol MT||Seltos 1.4 Turbo Petrol 7 DCT|
|GTX||Rs 15.54 lakh||–|
|GTX+||Rs 16.39 lakh||Rs 17.29 lakh|
|Model||Creta 1.4 Turbo Petrol 7 DCT|
|SX||Rs 16.17 lakh|
|SX (O)||Rs 17.21 lakh|
As you can see when we compare the base variant prices, the new Duster is cheaper than Creta or Seltos by Rs 5 lakh. However, the point to be noted is that Creta and Seltos are built on the new-gen platform whereas Duster still has the 2012 platform. Also, Duster isn’t as feature-packed as Creta or Seltos.