300 Oyo Rooms Were Booked Every Minute In 2019; UP #1 State In Hotel Bookings, Delhi #1 Searched Destination
Indian hospitality startup OYO Hotels and Homes has took the lead not just over the Indian markets but also the global market. With multiple innovative ideas and its work towards the hospitality sector, Oyo has become a big name in the sector.
On September, we informed you of how Oyo was going to tie tieing up with marquee institutes like IIT Delhi and Plaksha University’s Fellowship program in Gurgaon, to provide end-to-end fully managed housing experience for students. The company declared to provide affordable accommodations starting from price as low as ?6,500 -12,999 per bed, per month.
Now, just yesterday the hospitality startup released its annual travel index, called the ‘Oyo Travelopedia 2019’. In here, it illustrated stats and numbers of various Oyo related information and gave a medium to prove the massive love and popularity OYO is receiving not just nation-wide but all around the globe.
Oyo Travelopedia, 2019
In its annual travel index, Oyo Hotels and Homes have illustrated various facts.
- August 09, 2019 was the most OYO’d day with the maximum number of bookings.
- 11am has turned out to be the most popular time of the day to book an Oyo.
- Uttar Pradesh emerged as the most welcoming state in India, based on the number of travellers and bookings received throughout the year.
- It was followed close by Maharashtra and Karnataka, respectivelty; Karnataka dropping to the third spot from being the winner last year.
- Delhi was declared as the top city to record the maximum number of travel cancellations followed by re-bookings.
- Delhi followed by Hyderabad and Bangalore recorded maximum bookings within the first 10 days of every month in 2019.
- For the Independence Day long weekend in 2019, Goa followed by Jaipur and Visakhapatnam recorded maximum pre-bookings.
What Does Oyo Have to Say
Oyo has a list of merits to itself, which it has not flinched from adding it in its annual index report. According to the company, 5 Oyo properties were booked each second, giving the brand a 2.7 times YoY jump in the number of bookings as compared to last year.
Oyo’s growing popularity as a trusted and preferred choice of accommodation was also showcased when the index revealed that a single user stayed in an Oyo property for 84 continuous nights.
It was recorded that the maximum number of bookings were made online via Oyo Mobile App (92% – Android + iOS), followed by mobile web (6%) and desktop web (2%). Oyo’s global app userbase is 77.5 million.