Oyo Founder Ritesh Agarwal Has Rs 7500 Crore Net Worth; Becomes Youngest Indian In Hurun’s List Of Richest Indians!
Just some days back, we’d filled you in with a survey report called the Hurun Luxury Consumer Survey 2019 that depicted the different changes in the lifestyle of HNIs in India and the results and findings were extraordinary.
Another report from the latest IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List says that Mukush Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries has topped the list of richest Indians, this time for the eight consecutive year.
Surprise entry into the list is 25-year old Ritesh Agarwal, who has a net worth of Rs 7500 crore, and this way, he has become the youngest India in this exclusive list.
HNIs Have Increased by 122 since 2018
As mentioned above, Mukesh Ambani has been declared the richest man in India, with a net worth of ?3,80,700 crore. London-based SP Hinduja & family, with assets worth ?1,86,500 crore has bagged the 2ndposition in this list.
Azim Premji, the founder of Wipro ranks 3rd with a wealth of ?1,17,100 crore. According to the latest IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List, the number of Indians having a net worth of more than ?1,000 crore has grown to 953 this year from 831 in 2018.
The number of billionaires in terms of US dollar however, have fallen down to 138 from 141.
What’s more interesting is that the combined wealth of top 25 richest individuals in India is equivalent to 10% of India’s GDP, whereas that of all 953 individuals account for 27% of India’s GDP.
Also, while this year’s cumulative wealth show an increase of 2% compared to last year, the average wealth shows a decline of 11%. About 344 individuals couldn’t t meet the threshold of ?1,000 crore this year.
Some More Details on Wealthy Indians
With Indian Government setting its sight on USD 5 trillion GDP mark, the Chief Researcher of Hurun Report India believes that the size of the India Rich List will easily triple in the next 5 years.
26% of the list, encircling about 246 individuals chose Mumbai as their residence, followed by New Delhi (175) and Bengaluru (77).
Also, out of 82 NRIs on the coveted list, 76% are self made. With 31 individuals, USA is the most preferred country for NRIs, followed by the UAE and the UK.
List of Rich Indians
Before attaching this list, we would like to highlight some subtle points.
- Ritesh Agarwal (25) of Oyo Rooms is the youngest selfmade entrepreneur, with a net worth of Rs 7,500 crore.
- Divyank Turakhia (37) of Media.net is the wealthiest selfmade entrepreneur under the age of 40.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw of Biocon is the richest self-made woman in India.
- Also, the list includes 152 women with an average age of 56 years.
- Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries with a net worth of Rs 3,80,700 crore.
- SP Hinduja & family with assets worth Rs 1,86,500 crore.
- Azim Premji, the founder of Wipro with a wealth of Rs 1,17,100 crore.
- L N Mittal, chairman of ArcelorMittal, with a wealth of Rs 1,07,300 crore.
- Gautam Adani, with a net worth of Rs 94,500 crore.
- Uday Kotak, with a wealth of Rs 94,100 crore.
- Cyrus S Poonawalla, with Rs 88,800 crore assets.
- Cyrus Pallonji Mistry, with a wealth of Rs 76,800 crore.
- Shapoor Pallonji, with a net worth of Rs 76,800 crore.
- Dilip Shanghvi at 10th slot with Rs 71,500-crore wealth.