Income Tax Return Filing For Salaries Employees: Complete Step-By-Step Guide
The last date for filing Income Tax Returns has been pushed ahead by the Finance Ministry to 31 August 2019, which was previously 31 July 2019.
Filing your IT returns has always seemed like a bit of a task, but you don’t have to worry anymore as we have come up with a few easy steps for you to follow that will make the task incredibly easy for you!
If you are a salaried person and looking to file your income tax returns, all you have to do is go through the following steps, and your work is done!
How To File ITR If You Are A Salaried Person
- To get started, you will have to go to E-Filing website of the Income Tax Department. Here, you can file your taxes for free. There are other portals too, who will file your IT Returns, but they might charge you for it.
- Next, you will need to login to the website with a User ID, password, Date of Birth/Date of incorporation and captcha. I
- After that, click on the ‘e-File’ option and then ‘Prepare and submit ITR online’.
- Choose the appropriate Income Tax Return Form and the assessment year as well.
- Once you fill in all the details, you can click on the ‘Submit’ button on the page.
- If it is applicable, you can upload a digital signature as well. However, make sure that DSC is registered with e-Filing.
- Finally, click on the ‘Subtmit’ tab.
If your attempt to file the ITR by submission of the form is successful, ITR-V will be displayed, that too if DSC is not used. You can click on the link that appears, and download the ITR-V. The ITR-V will also arrive on your registered email-id.
After which, you are required to print the ITR-V form, sign it and submit to CPC within 120 days from the day you e-file the tax. The return will be processed only after the ITR-V is received, duly signed. Make sure to regularly check you email and SMSes for reminders on the non-receipt of ITR-V
Also remember, if you submit the form with DSC, the return filing process is complete.