Jio Becomes 1st Telco To Launch Kumbh 2019 App; Lost & Found, Live Darshan & More Free Services
More than 13 crore devotees are expected to visit Kumbh Mela 2019
Jio certainly knows how to tap into the pulse of the nation, and they do it with style.
Jio has become the first telecom operator to launch a dedicated app for Kumbh Mela, which will start this month.
Kumbh Mela is World’s largest congregation of humans anywhere in the world, as more than 13 crore pilgrims are expected to take a holy dip in the Ganges river in Allahabad.
But, there is a catch – This free app with free services for Kumbh pilgrims is not for all.
JioPhone’s Kumbh App
Jio’s special Kumbh app is only for Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2 users, and is available on Jio app store.
In fact, Jio is also working closely with UP Police to ensure safety for all.
In a statement, they said, “Jio is working closely with the UP Police and KASH IT to ensure experience is delivered,”
Jio Kumbh App: 6 Free Services
- Using this app, pilgrims have access free Lost and Found service. In case any pilgrim gets lost in the Kumbh mela, they can easily locate others using this useful service. Since more than 13 crore people are expected to visit Allahabad for Kumbh mela, this is indeed a very timely, and useful service. This service is branded as ‘Khoya Paaya’ service, which translates to Lost and Found.
- Using Family Locator service, which will be closely working with Lost and Found service, visitors to Kumbh Mela can trace and track their family members.
- Real-time information on trains, buses and other transportation medium associated with Kumbh Mela can be accessed via this app. Visitors who wish to reach Allahabad and later leave for their native places will find this service very useful.
- Passenger shelter and camps can also be located using this Kumbh 2019 app. This will assist pilgrims to locate appropriate accommodation in and around the Kumbh venue, which will be Ganges ghat.
- Emergency numbers for Kumbh Mela will be also available for the app users. Timings for the Holy baths, date and time for important events, maps and more information shall be provided to the app users, free of charge.
- In case any pilgrim is not able to visit Allahabad to witness this mega-event first hand, they can watch live darshan via JioPhone app. This live darshan will be telecasted 24*7, and has been named Jio TV via Kumbh Darshan. Bhajans and devotional songs will be also played via Kumbh Radio.
About Kumbh Mela
Kumbh Mela is considered as an important Hindu festival, and happens every 12 years. Ardh Kumbh is organised every 3 years.
2019 Allahabad Ardh Kumbh Mela is being organized this year, between January and March, wherein 13 crore devotees will take a dip in the Holy waters of river Ganga. Rs 2500 crore budget has been allocated by the UP Govt. for this mega event, which is called the largest congregation of humans, anywhere in the world.
You can get more information on Kumbh Mela right here.
We will keep you updated, as more details come in.