Why Reliance Jio Is Giving 16GB Data For Free? And How Can You Claim It?
Jio has unleashed yet another free GB bonanza.
Reports are coming in that Reliance Jio is giving 16 GB extra for their users. Why are they giving it? And how can you get it?
Keep reading to find out more!
Reliance Jio 2 Year Anniversary Celebrations!
Although Jio was launched on December 27th, 2015, their commercial services are officially rolled out starting September 5th, 2016.
On September 5th, 2018, Jio completed their two years of existence in the market, and offer of free GBs for users is part of the celebrating this occasion.
What Is The Offer?
The offer is free 16 GB of data, for some users.
There will 4 days in September, and 4 days in October, then Jio users can avail 2 GB per day. Hence a total of 8GB in September, and 8 GB in October.
For September month, the 4 days for getting free 2 GB/day are September 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th.
Days for getting free 2GB/day for October hasn’t been announced yet.
How Can I Get Free 2 GB Per Day?
Here are the steps:
- Open My Jio app (install the app if you don’t have)
- On the left-hand side, you can see the Menu option. Click on that, and the menu will roll down.
- Click on ‘My Plans’ section, where you see your current plans, and validity data.
- Below that, you can see ‘Jio Celebrations Pack’ section.
- Daily, from September 7th to September 10th, you can see 2 GB of additional data in that section.
- Note here, that the data of 2 GB per day won’t be carried forward to next day, and you need to finish that in one day.
But.. I am Not Able To See This Celebration Pack!
Relax. This celebratory offer of 2 GB per day is being rolled out gradually, and it is not assured that everyone will be able to get it. Some reports claim that some users will receive the data in the month of September, while some users will get the same in the month of October.
And some lucky ones will get the data in September and October, both.
Jio’s Data Usage Crosses 240 Crore GB Mark
Jio is right now experiencing a surge in data usage among their customers. As per a Jio spokesperson, more than 240 crore GB of data is being consumed every month by Jio users, all over the nation.
This has made India among the top 10 countries with maximum mobile data consumption. Before Jio, India was ranked #155 in the same list.
We will keep you updated, as we receive more inputs.
Do let us know if you were able to get your free 16GB of data or not, by commenting right here!