YU Yunique 2 Launched in India For Rs. 5999 – How Does It Compare With Redmi 4 & Moto C Plus
Micromax has launched YU Yunique 2 which is pitched against likes of Redmi 4 and Moto C Plus. We compare all three and find out which comes on top!
YU Televentures (The Micromax Sub-Brand) has launched their new budgeted premium device, the YU Yunique 2. It is the successor to the YU Yunique. The newer version comes loaded with with a number of interesting and useful features.
The YU Yunique 2 will come with Truecaller Integration (which will give you an instant caller ID with spam protection feature). The other things to include, the phone has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3, supports 4G VoLTE, will run Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box and has a 13 megapixel shooter on the back. All these at an astonishing price of Rs. 5,999.
YU Yunique 2 Specifications
From supporting 4G VoLTE to Android 7.0 Nougat to a 13 megapixel rear shooter, Yu Yunique 2 packs a number of interesting specs under it’s hood.
1. Design and Build – The YU Yunique 2 will feature a metal build on the back, and gives a premium feel when you hold it. With chamfered edges and a 5 inch screen size, the handset is perfect for one-hand use.
2. Display – The smartphone sports a 5 inch High Definition display (1280×720 pixels). It has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with 4 Pinch Zoom feature and a 2 point Multi Touch support.
3. Hardware – The device will get powered by 1.3 quad core Mediatek 6737 processor. On top it will come with MAli T720 graphics processor coupled with 2GB of RAM.
4. Software – The Yu Yunique 2 will run Android Nougat 7.0 out of the box with a custom bloatware on top to offer a near-end Stock Android experience.
5. Storage and Sim Support – The device will support two SIMs (Micro + Micro). The Yu Yunique 2 will come with 16GB onboard storage, which can further be expanded up to 64 GB via an external memory card.
6. Camera – The Yu Yunique 2 will come with a 13 MP shooter on the back with autofocus support, a LED flash and additional features of multi-shot, level 4 zoom, dedicated night mode, panorama shot mode and sorted HDR mode to improve the clarity for high contrasting scenes. On the front, the Yu Yunique 2 will get a 5MP front shooter with fixed focus for steady photos.
7. Connectivity – The device is compatible with OTG (on-the-go) devices, and supports 4G VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth v4.
8. Battery – The last Yu Yunique had a 2000mAh battery, and the new Yunique 2 packs in a bigger 2500mAh battery. It claims of having 11 hours of talktime and can extend for up to 22 hours with continuous music playback.
9. Variants – It is available in two color options, Champagne Gold and Coal Black.
10. Price and Availability – The Yu Yunique 2 had been priced smartly at Rs. 5,999. It is an Flipkart exclusive product, and will go on sale from July 27.
|1. Price||1. Display Size|
|2. 4G VoLTE||2. Battery|
|4. RAM and Processor|
|5. Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box|
Comparison (Yu Yunique 2 vs. Redmi 4 vs. Moto C Plus)
Considering the price and the set of features Yu Yunique 2 offer, Micromax clearly pitches Yunique 2 against the bestsellers from the budget segment, Redmi 4 and Moto C Plus.
|Specs||Moto C Plus||Redmi 4||YU Yunique 2|
|Display||5.5 inch HD Display||5.5 inch HD Display with 2D Curved Glass||5 inch HD Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Processor||Mediatek MT 6737||Snapdragon 435||1.3Ghz MediaTek MT 6737 quad core SoC|
|Front Camera||2 Megapixel||5 Megapixel||5 Megapixel|
|Rear Camera||8 Megapixel||13 Megapixel||13 Megapixel|
|Software||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 7.0 Nougat|
|Battery||4000 mAh||4100 mAh||2500 mAh|
|Connectivity||4G VoLTE, Dual Sim||4G VoLTE, Dual Sim||4G VoLTE, Dual Sim|
|Price||Rs. 6,999||Rs. 6,999 (2GB Model)||Rs. 5,999|
So, which one do you think is the best of the lot – we still think Redmi 4 is the best bet in this segment, only if you could get your hands on the phone through their pesky flash sales!