4G LTE Isn’t Just A Data Connection – Here Is All You Need To Know About it.
4G Smartphone sales have gone through the roof – every Indian telecom operator has already launched or in process of launching their 4G services. However, many of us still think that 4G is just about high-speed data. This is simply not true. Here is we try to explain 4G in more detail!
4G LTE, as the name suggests is a 4th generation wireless communication network that aims to takes the wireless communication to a whole new level.
We agree that a 4G LTE network is capable of proving high-speed data but a true 4G network also provides many services like high quality voice, video conferencing, online gaming, watching live broadcasts, and a host of other services requiring a reliable broadband internet connection.
Understanding 4G: An Analogy
To help you understand the advantages of a 4G network in a simpler way, let’s suppose that it is a DTH connection. For the sake of understanding we’ll also consider other older network standards like 2G, 3G as regular cable connections.
So, while the older networks also let you enjoy every channel on your TV, the DTH connection lets you enjoy those channels in full HD quality along with surround sound support. This takes your TV watching experience to a new level and might even get you addicted to TV. ;)
You Need A 4G Enabled Phone To Enjoy 4G
Continuing with our DTH Vs. Cable connection example, what if you get a DTH connection with HD support but stick to your old CRT TV? Would you experience a difference in the picture quality?
No, you won’t.
Because your TV doesn’t enough pixels and to show the extra details in the movies and your favourite TV shows. Similarly, older phones do not support 4G LTE, and hence you won’t be able to use them with any 4G network. That’s why you need a 4G enabled phone to enjoy the extra benefits of a 4G network.
Key Advantages of A 4G LTE Network
Like I already mentioned a true 4G network is much more than just a means of accessing high-speed internet. Here are some of the main features of a 4G LTE network:
1. Faster & HD Voice Calls- Unlike older networks, 4G LTE networks allow you to transfer high-definition audio for voice calls, thus letting you make crystal clear voice calls. This is accomplished by using a wide-range of frequencies for encoding and transferring the audio signals.
The VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology when implemented, makes your calls connect faster, thus helping you save your precious time every day.
2. Talk While You Surf- While 3G networks also let talk on the phone while browsing the web, the 4G LTE network takes the experience a notch higher. You can do whatever you like on the internet and it will not interrupt your voice call in any way.
3. Seamless Switching Between Voice & Video Calls- While on a 4G network, you can switch between voice and video calls without any delay and with just a single click.
4. Excellent Audio and Video Conferencing Capabilities- With 4G you can add up to 4 users in a single video call and up to 7 users in your voice call.
5. Superb Network Connectivity & Lower Bills With VoWiFi– With VoWiFi (Voice over WiFi), a true 4G LTE network allows for seamless switching between voice calls on an LTE network and your WiFi connection (home, office, hotspot, etc.). This will result in fewer call drops, better coverage, and high quality voice calls wherever you have access to a WiFi network.
With VoWiFi, you can also save up significantly on your roaming bills, as a call made from a WiFi network in a foreign country would be treated like a regular voice call made in your own home circle.
As of now, we only have Airtel 4G network in India, but we’ll soon have 4G networks from other operators like Reliance Jio, Idea Cellular, Vodafone, Tikona, and Aircel. With the all these features, a good 4G connection can really transform your life.
So if you are on the lookout for changing your smartphone, then you better buy a 4G enabled phone.