Microsoft Launches Windows 10; Offers Free Upgrade Across 190 Countries
World’s largest software company has once again proved why they are the market leaders. In a scintillating display of marketing strategy, Microsoft has launched their newest version: Windows 10 as a free upgrade across 190 countries.
New devices with Windows 10 operating system would be available in market from mid-August.
The Windows 10 launch was planned on a grand scale, as Microsoft had invited their biggest fans and media personals at various events in 13 countries, and creating buzz via several hashtag centric campaigns and social causes.
Here are some of the images from the event that happened in Delhi today.
Microsoft had created a special ‘Insider Group’ to take feedback and suggestions regarding Windows 10. And the biggest outcome of this initiative is the return of ‘Start Menu’ and ‘Live Tiles’, which were mysteriously absent from Windows 8.
Windows 10 had been described as the ‘most secured Windows’ ever with special focus on network security and business needs. Thinking strategically, Microsoft had built-in enterprise grade security into Windows 10, and enabled easy integration with Microsoft Azure Cloud.
Corporate customers having volume licensing can upgrade to Windows 10 starting August 1st. Additionally, normal users can take assistance from experts at 1500+ Microsoft outlets to seamlessly upgrade their laptops, desktops, phones, tablets, Xbox One, HoloLens and even Raspberry Pie devices.
As per Microsoft, Windows 10 can be used across 2000+ devices.
Windows 10 has been powered with some new productivity tools and apps such as:
- Cortana: A shiny new personal digital assistant that has been configured and integrated keeping in the mind local sensibilities and cultures
- Microsoft Edge: Internet Explorer will now get replaced with new faster browser Microsoft Edge
- Continuum: Automated Tools to optimize apps based screen, device resolution and many other factors. Basically, Continuum is designed to ensure that the best screen is always the one you’re on.
- Several new built-in apps such as Photos, Maps, a new music app, Movies and TV app and more
- Microsoft Phone Companion app which enables seamless connectivity between iPhone, Android and Windows devices
- All new Office Mobile app which was launched recently
Additionally, Microsoft is also launching all new, revamped Windows App Store, which had started accepting new apps for Windows 10. In fact, Windows Store is the only app store wherein users can use Cortana to control apps via voice and also receive real time notifications.
Going by the looks and feel, Windows 10 seems an honest effort by Microsoft to reintroduce the magic which was absent in Window 8 and Vista.
If you have upgraded your PC to Windows 10, do share your feedback!
More information about free Windows 10 upgrade here