Tech News Digest: InfiBeam Acquires ODigMa, Gaana Introduces API, Target Launches Accelerator In India
Infibeam Strengthens Its Digital Marketing Services With ODigMa Acquisition
India’s leading ecommerce company Infibeam has acquired Bangalore based ODigMa. The deal is rumored to be in the range of USD 5 million and is part stock and part cash deal.
ODigMa has been providing strategy, digital marketing, and technical services to hundreds of companies across major retail and services sector since it was founded in 2011. ODigMa has a client base of over 400 brands including Myntra, MakeMyTrip, Airtel, MTS, Marks & Spencer, Aditya Birla Group, HiDesign and Philips.
This acquisition will strengthen and expand the broad range of ecommerce and digital marketing service offerings by Infibeam to its existing and potential merchants and enterprise.
Gaana.com Opens Developer API Program for 3rd Party music apps
Gaana.com India’s largest online and mobile music streaming service has launched Gaana Developers’ platform where 3rd party developers could build innovative web and mobile music apps.
Gaana has opened up various API’s which include meta data information like Track names, Artists, Albums, playlists, genres etc. Apart from this, the developer platform has also opened up User Data API and Gaana’s proprietary player API as well.
Using these APIs, developers can get access to Gaana’s 3 million+ song catalog and its users. As an incentive, developers who join the program will be highlighted on Gaana, giving direct exposure of its userbase to newly built applications.
Target India Accelerator Program Makes Debut With 5 Startups
In November last year, Target had announced plans to launch their Accelerator program in India. Fast forward 2 months, they have already shortlisted 5 Indian startups as part of their first batch.
As can be expected, all of the 5 startups that have been shortlisted are someway connected to online retail and social commerce domain.
Here are the 5 shortlisted Indian Startups:
- Turnaround Innovision: The startup offers interactive catalogues to online retailers that offers 360 degree view of products and more.
- Konotor: Konotor is a two-way communication channel that is specifically targeted towards online retailers for their promotional/marketing campaigns and customer support.
- MuHive: muHive helps online brands have real time customer engagement on various communication channels like social media sites and email.
- Unbxd: Unbxd helps ecommerce companies increase conversions with powerful Search & Navigation, Product Recommendations, Analytics and more.
- InstaClique: It is a social recommendation engine that helps buyers on an online store to get feedback from known users from their social network.