Eddy, Android Based Educational Tablet For 2-10 yr Old Kids Launched For Rs. 9999
The combination of education and technology is mesmerizing; not only it provides an able platform for learning and growth, but also opens a new chapter in innovation.
Metis Learning, an educational startup has launched Eddy, which is an Android based educational tablet targeted especially for kids between 2 years and 10 years. The sole focus on this tablet is to provide children an opportunity to learn and play on Android platform, thereby expanding their minds and a chance to experience technology.
Eddy’s Useful Features
- Parents can control the access of internet and social media sites.
- Parents can get daily reports on the application usage of their kids, detailed upto number of hours and minutes spent on each app
- Limits can be set on the usage of applications and internet
- If parents want, they can block certain subjects from appearing in the tablet
- It comes pre-loaded with Maxthon Kid Safe Web browser, which automatically restricts inappropriate content for kids
- Different profiles can be set for different children; Eddy supports 3 different profiles
- Eddy comes with 150 pre-loaded applications, covering 5 different subjects. These apps have been created by educators and teachers, especially for kids
- Access to Google Play can only be authorized by parents
- Eddy comes loaded with a proprietary recommendation engine called The Kids Radar, which can suggest which are the best applications for the children, depending on their inclination and interest in the subject
- Leading ophthalmologists have reviewed Eddy and have approved for children between 2 and 10 years. Hence, kids can safely play and work and learn on this tablet, without any worries
Eddy comes with 8 GB integrated memory, which can be extended upto 32 GB and 350 applications can be downloaded and used at any given time. It has 2 MP back-camera and 0.2 MP front camera as well. Powered by Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with 1.6GHz speed, Eddy has a 7 inch display area, with 1024*600 pixels.
As an introductory offer, this tablet is available for Rs 9999 only till February 20, 2014.
Contrary to claims by some leading publications, Eddy is not India’s first educational Android based tablet. Some of the similar tablets, targeted for children have been launched last year as well:
HCL ME Champ: This tablet was launched in October, 2013, and targeted specifically for kids aged between 3 years and 12 years. It came loaded with Games, Educational content, Books & TV covering subject such as exercises in art, geography, history, language and mathematics.
Swipe Junior: Swipe Telecom launched Swipe Junior, an Android based educational tablet especially for kids.
BinaTone APP Star Tablet: Binatone India had launched a special Android tablet for kids, targeting learning and education.