How do you really define a “Confident Country” – It is basically the confidence of the consumers living in that country. According to the Global survey done by Nielsen, Indian consumers are the most confident lot when it comes to their future & Growth, surpassing every other country in the world.
According to “Consumer Confidence Index” India tops with 127 Index points while the global average is at 92. The second most confident consumers are from Indonesia (116) followed by Norway (115)
Top 10 Most Confident Countries in the World
Global Consumer Confident Countries Survey Highlights
- Global consumer confidence index rose from 86 six months ago to 92
- Taiwan (+14), Singapore (+11), Israel (+10) and Colombia (+9) see strongest growth in confidence
- Consumer confidence rose in 41 of 55 countries
- 43% believe job prospects are excellent/good compared to 35% six months ago
- One in three consumers plan to increase spending for out-of-home entertainment, new clothes and new technology
- 58% of consumers globally say their country is in a recession now compared to 77% a year ago; 24% of those consumers say they’ll be out of a recession within 12 months
Number of people who think they are in recession Vs who think they will be out of recession in next 12 months
Statistically, East is much more confident then what the west is currently – All global regions posted positive increases in consumer confidence, but the pace and extent of economic recovery further widened between the booming Asia Pacific and Latin
American countries compared to the sluggish recovery in the United States and western Europe.
The Nielsen Consumer Confidence Survey also showed that world’s two fastest growing emerging markets of India and China increased by seven index points
over previous quarter.
Now, How confident are you about future ?
Note: Nielsen’s Global Consumer Confidence Index tracks consumer confidence, major concerns and spending intentions among more than 27,000 Internet users in 55 countries. The latest round of the survey was conducted between March 8 and March 26, 2010