Travel Thursday: Incredible India adjudged World’s Best Destination Marketing Campaign
India is not known for its Marketing prowess, be it anything. Yes, we deliver quality products, but we not able to package and market them well -And that’s the reason why I am very happy with this particular award.
The Incredible India Campaign launched in 2002 has always stood out as one of the better ones that India has executed. However, World Travel Awards adjudging it as World’s Best Destination Marketing Campaign is really something that we should be proud about !
Incredible India campaign is different in many ways – Even their website stands apart from hundreds of drab Government Websites that we are so used to seeing. Although quite slow to load, the Homepage itself depicts what India stands for – Diversity, culture and colorful are portrayed in a way they should !
Couple of years back, when I happened to see a Incredible India Hoarding on New York Street Bus Stop – And let me tell you – not one person passing by would have missed that one.
The campaign is not only good, but it also has given great results. For past few Years India has been ranking amongst the top Destinations on travelers mind. I am sure the Incredible India campaign has a lot to do with that.
The World Travel Awards – one of the most respected ones, have also rated India as the Leading Travel Destination in Asia
Here are some of the other awards given by WTA:
- Asia’s Leading Hotel – Trident Gurgaon, India
- Asia’s Leading Resort – Taj Lake Palace, India
- Asia’s Leading Spa Resort – The Oberoi Wildflower Hall, India
- Asia’s Leading Themed Resort – Orange County Coorg Resort, India
- Asia’s Leading Tourist Board – Incredible India
- India’s Leading Business Hotel – The Leela Palace Kempinski Bangalore
- India’s Leading Conference Hotel – Taj Palace Hotel New Delhi
- India’s Leading Green Hotel – The Claridges, Surajkund
- India’s Leading Hotel – Trident Gurgaon
- India’s Leading Luxury Hotel – The Claridges, New Delhi
- India’s Leading New Business Hotel – Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon
- India’s Leading Resort – Kumarakom Lake Resort
- India’s Leading Spa Resort – The Oberoi Wildflower Hall
- India’s Leading Wildlife Resort – Orange County Kabini Resort
Any of the readers lived in these hotels or resorts? Let us know your experiences other than telling us that you burned holes in your pockets staying there :)