Vivo V7+ Launched – Features A 24 Megapixel Selfie Camera!
The main highlights are the 24MP selfie camera and premium build.
Chinese smartphone maker Vivo’s newest handset: V7+ was launched by Bollywood actor and Brand ambassador of Vivo, Ranveer Singh.
The highlight of this sleek new smartphone is the 24 mega pixel front Camera, which has been described as ‘revolutionary’ by the brand.
Vivo, whose punchline for selling smartphones have been “Camera & Music” since the start, has once again focussed on these two aspects with rigorous precision.
And, as the festive season is round the corner, this strategy seems apt as well.
Speaking at the launch, Kent Cheng, CEO of Vivo India said, “With the festive season around the corner, we are committed to furthering our brand promise and add a surprise element for our valued customers with innovative devices. Though V7+ we are confident that it’s premium design and superior camera with Full View ™ Display will offer great value to customers.”
During the launch, Vivo India’s Brand Head Nipun Marya informed the audience that with 80,000 offline stores and 18% market share, they are selling 1 million units a month.
Their focus is Make In India, as they were among the first Chinese smartphone manufacturers to set up their own manufacturing unit in India.
In their product, especially in their new, improved camera, they have included features which will identify ‘Tilak’, ‘Bindi’ and ‘Sindoor’ applied by Indian women and the algorithm will recognize them, instead of removing them as spots.
Vivo V7+ Product Specifications: Major Highlights
- 5.99 inch screen, with major focus on expanding the screen size by reducing the bezel
- 24 megapixel front camera and 16 megapixel rear camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa CPU with Android 7.1 (FunTouch OS 3.2)
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB expandable ROM. Expandable upto 256 GB
- Face Access feature for unlocking the device
- First smartphone to have Snapdragon SDM450 chip. This means 4 hours extra battery life in a day
- Would be available in two new colours: Champagne Gold and Matte Black
The handset is priced at Rs 21,990. Pre-bookings will start from September 7th and handsets would start shipping from September 15th. As per available information, pre-bookings can be done on Amazon, Flipkart or offline store.