Now Laptops Catching Fire: Andhra Women’s Laptop Suddenly Explodes, Injuring Her Severely

Now Laptops Catching Fire: Andhra Women's Laptop Suddenly Explodes, Injuring Her Severely
Now Laptops Catching Fire: Andhra Women’s Laptop Suddenly Explodes, Injuring Her Severely

An IT employee residing in Andhra Pradesh suffered serious injury after her laptop exploded at home.

How It Happened

She was charging her laptop when it abruptly caught fire and blew up.

The laptop suffered a short circuit since the woman was working on it at home while keeping it constantly plugged in for uninterrupted power.

The woman was badly hurt and her bed caught on fire as well.

Extent Of Injuries

Her family rushed her into a private hospital. 

The doctors reported that she had 70-80 per cent burns.

Her present condition is unclear due to conflicting reports since some portals report her to be stable while others critical.

Even as the pandemic has settled some, tech companies have not fully recalled employees back to offices yet. 

Multiple Factors

They have instead employed a hybrid model. 

Those working from home tend to keep their laptops plugged in to avoid battery loss.

Coupled with the prevailing heatwave weather conditions in the country, an eye has to be kept on power outages, voltage fluctuations, sun exposure, and other factors which can affect laptops.

Probable Cause

Gizmodo reports that laptop batteries can explode because of a normal-use process called thermal runaway.

It leads to an explosion when there is a problem causing the battery to produce more heat than it can handle.

A case has been registered, and further investigation is on.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

who's online