QS World University Rankings 2022: IIT Bombay Is India’s #1 University | MIT Is #1 In The World
The latest QS World University Rankings are out and for the tenth year in a row MIT has received top honors.
The rankings this year feature 1,029 universities.
IIT-Kharagpur is among the top ranks, recognised for the study of several subjects in the domain of engineering.
It ranked 37th, an improvement from its 44th position in 2021.
In the domains of engineering and technology it stands 101st in the world and third in India.
Jadavpur University and IIT Delhi are ranked within the range of 401-450 worldwide along with Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi University and IIT Mumbai.
Jadavpur University ranked fifth among the best Indian institutions in arts and humanities.
It is also the only state university in India which was ranked in the QS World University Rankings in the areas of arts and humanities.
It scored 72.5% for Academic Reputation, 42.9% for Employer Reputation, 48.6% for Citations per Paper; 44.2% in H-index Citations, and 31.7% in International Research Network.
Other Indian Institutes
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) ranked 188 globally; the University of Delhi ranked 227; IIT Bombay at 333 and IIT Delhi between 401 and 450.
The two programmes that registered the best performance among Indian institutes are offered by the Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences and Indian School of Mines (ISM) University, Dhanbad.
They both broke into the top 100 for the first time.
The only private higher educational institute that made it to the top 100 is the OP Jindal Global University, with its law programme placed 70th globally.
Two Indian universities achieved top-100 ranks in Business and Management – the Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Bangalore and IIM-Ahmedabad.
215 programmes offered by Chinese education institutes are among the top 100 in the world in their respective subjects.
It is followed by South Korea (142), Japan (122), Hong Kong (118), and Singapore (78).
Australia is the fourth most represented country for the number of entries.
The National University of Singapore is Asia’s best-performing university.
World Top 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Oxford of United Kingdom
- Stanford University of United States
- University of Cambridge of United Kingdom
- Harvard University of United States
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Imperial College London of United Kingdom
- ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) of Switzerland
- UCL (University College London) of United Kingdom
- University of Chicago of United States
India Top 10
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) has secured 177 rank
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) has secured 185 rank
- Indian Institute of Science has secured 186 rank
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) has secured 255 rank
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITD) has secured 277 rank
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITK) has secured 280 rank
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) has secured 395 rank
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) has secured 400 rank
- University of Delhi has secured 501 rank
- Jawaharlal Nehru University has secured 561 rank