Vistara Beats Indigo, SpiceJet To Become #1 Airlines In India, South East Asia (Full Ranking)


It also scored the highest in India for Cabin Cleanliness.

Vistara has been awarded the title of Best Airline in India & Southern Asia at the 2021 World Airline Awards.

Additional Awards

It also won the Best Airline Staff in India & Southern Asia award.

Further, it bagged the award for ‘Best Cabin Crew in India & Southern Asia’.

It also scored the highest in India for Cabin Cleanliness.

Improved Rankings

The Tata-owned full-service carrier also rose to 28th position among 350 airlines, based on votes by travellers on the basis of their experience.

This is an impressive standing from the 69th position it scored in 2019 and 86th in 2018.

How Others Fared

IndiGo came in at #49 this year, improving from its standing at #58 in 2019.

SpiceJet stood at #88 this year, an improvement from #119 in 2019.

Vistara Chief Executive Officer Leslie Thng acknowledged the efforts of team members towards offering a world-class experience for flyers.

He also extended gratitude to the airline’s loyal customers for their trust.

How The Results Are Determined

The 2021 World Airline Awards was based on surveys of over 13 million flyers between September 2019 and July this year.

It studies customer satisfaction on a global scale based on votes by travellers in an airline passenger satisfaction survey.

Flyers from over 100 nationalities took part in the survey.

Emergence As A Global Player

The win marks the arrival of India’s newest full-service carrier on the global stage after six years since starting operations.

CEO Edward Plaisted of Skytrax, which presented the awards, said of Vistara that it made a major accomplishment by winning the awards.

It reflects its leadership in the highest standards of product and staff service.

Top 10 Airlines Of The World

  1. Qatar Airways
  2. Singapore Airlines
  3. ANA All Nippon Airways
  4. Emirates
  5. Japan Airlines 
  6. Cathay Pacific Airways
  7. EVA Air
  8. Qantas Airways
  9. Hainan Airlines
  10. Air France

Eventual Merger

The Tatas hold a 51% stake in Vistara with Singapore Airlines holding the remaining 49%.

Upon successful bidding for Air India, Tata may bring low-fare airline AirAsia India under a single entity.

Later on, Vistara also may be brought under the aegis if Singapore Airlines comes on board.

Vistara, Air Asia, Air India Under One Brand? This Is Tata’s Plan If They Acquire Air India

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

who's online