Vaccination For 18+ Indians Starts Only In These 6 States From Today: But Register Yourself Right Now!
As India starts on with its ambitious drive to inoculate the younger lot which falls in the age group of 18 to 44 years, only six states shall be able to proceed with the vaccination. Many states have deferred from vaccinating this age group by a few days and others are not sure about starting the drive due to the shortage of vaccines.
Vaccination In These Six States Starts Today
- Uttar Pradesh
The drive to be conducted on May 1 shall be a ‘token’ one and in most of the aforementioned states it shall be limited to just a few districts.
Maharashtra happens to be the worst hit state among all the aforementioned states. After it was announced in Maharashtra by CM said that the state shall bear the cost of vaccination of all its citizens, for the May 1 exercise, as many as three lakh Covishield doses were distributed on Friday evening. Cities like Pune, Mumbai and Thane each got almost 20,000 doses, largest share of doses while others were given anywhere from 3,000 to 10,000 doses each.
How To Register?
- Give your photoID To register online
- Register using your mobile number.
- From one mobile phone number, one can register 4 people, however, each person will need their own photo ID.
- If the Aadhar card is used as an identification document, consent will be obtained and recorded.
- Schedule your vaccination appointment at a centre of your choice for May 1 onwards.
- To register for the vaccine via Aarogya Setu, you need to first open the app and then click on CoWin tab available on the home screen.
- Select ‘vaccination registration’ and then enter a phone number, followed by OTP.
- Click on verify and you will be directed to the registration page.
- Follow the same steps as mentioned above to register.
- On the day of the appointment, reach the centre carrying the appointment slip and photo ID used at the time of booking the appointment.