NH-48 Ahmedabad-Vadodara Declared India’s Best Highway! Here Are Top 10 Highways In India
List of some of best national highways across India has been shared by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) after making a survey public.
Covering a distance of 18,668 kilometres, are these 219 national highways across India which are taken in this survey. On a regular basis such studies are done around the world. But this is the first time in India that such an initiative has been undertaken.
To Help Maintain The Standard Worldwide
Factors like efficiency, safety and user services were considered for ranking these highways. Such studies shall now be timely undertaken in a period of six months. This shall help to maintain the standard worldwide according to the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways.
This ranking of highways shall help in identification of gaps in design, standards, practices, guidelines and contract agreements and this shall provide an assessment of current status of level of services on the national highway stretches. Improved user experience as well as improved quality of highways can be achieved by filling the gaps.
According to this 219 highways surveyed, a 102-kms stretch between Ahmedabad and Vadodara on NH48 is termed as the best one. With a score of 91.81 out of 100, this 6-lane national highway, which connects two metros – Delhi and Chennai.
Top 10 In The List
- A 102-kms stretch between Ahmedabad and Vadodara on NH48
- A 141-km long stretch between Goa, Karnataka to Kundapur section of NH-66
- A 93 km long four-lane stretch of NE-1 linking Ahmedabad-Vadodara
- A 42-km long stretch between Simga and Sargon on NH-130
- A 98 km long Solapur-Yedeshi section of NH-211
- A 148-km long NH-48 stretch between Krishnagiri and Walajahpet
- A 87.1 km long NH47 connecting Godhra and Gujarat/Madhya Pradesh border
- NH4 stretch between Bangalore to Nelamangala
- NH44 stretch between Islam Nagar and Kadthal
- NH-33 connecting Mahulia to Baharagora and Baharagora to Chichira.
The top three of the list are developed by IRB Infrastructure Developers and the fourth highway has been built by Larsen & Toubro.