During such difficult times in pandemic, financial institutions have been working extra hard, now that the entire economic crisis has fallen on the shoulders of these banks, with activities like loan moratoriums going on amidst the pandemic.
With everything shifting online, it got easier for users of different banks to conduct banking services on banking apps, eliminating the need to physically go to the banks, thereby reducing the chances of contracting the deadly virus.
However, there still remains certain banking services like submission of TDS certificates or cheque payments, which absolutely requires personal contact.
In a groundbreaking move, banks have now started to offer doorstep services for most bank-related work so that the compulsion of coming to banks for customers reduces by a lot.
This comes under the PSB Alliance Doorstep Banking Services, offered by many banks, a list of which we shall provide you with further in the article.
All Banks Providing Doorstep Services
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra and
- Punjab & Sindh Bank
Customers of these banks can avail the PSB Alliance Doorstep Banking Services.
Doorstep Services Provided
Pick up services from customer and deliver to branch
- Cheques/Instruments for Clearing/Collection
- Requisition of new Cheque Book
- Standing Instructions Request
- IT/Govt / GST Challan with Cheque
- Digital Life Certificate (through Jeevan Pramaan App)
Delivery Services from bank branch to customer
- Term Deposit Advice
- Account Statement
- TDS & Form 16 Certificate issuance
- Pre-paid instrument / Gift Card
- Demand Draft, Pay Orders
- Cash Pick up (Deposit)
- Cash Delivery (Withdrawal)
In order to deposit or withdraw cash, a minimum of Rs 1,000 is required, while a maximum limit of Rs 10,000 is set (currently) to avail the services of cash pickup and delivery.
These financial services can be availed by using the Aadhar enabled Payment System (APeS) or debit cards.
The customer should register themselves on the Doorstep Banking App through any device (mobile/laptop/desktop) for availing the doorstep banking services. Additionally, registration is completed through an OTP received on the registered number.
Placing DBS Request Post Registration
- Visit Doorstep Banking App and select the bank.
- Enter your account number or PIN and submit.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number on validation.
- Submit the ‘confirm’ button after entering the OTP.
- The App displays Bank Name, Account No, Name, A/c Type and Branch Name on successful OTP validation.
- Select the service request you want to place, number of instruments and address for pick up.
- You have to select the branch that is displayed on the screen within 10 km radius of the pickup address, the preferred time slot for the agent to pick/deliver the instrument.
- Do verification of the Service Request information along with service charges displayed on the screen.
- A Service Request No. is generated and you will get a notification via SMS about the assigned agent with the details like, Agent name, Agent photo, contact information, time for Pick up/Delivery & Service Code) on verification.
The charges of financial/non financial services for SBI customers are Rs 75 plus GST per service. The charges will be debited from your account on availing the services.