5 Interesting Facts About Cognizant India’s New Head Rajesh Nambiar: Did You Know He Worked At TCS For 17 Yrs
We all knew that Cognizant would be under a new leadership soon, when Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp chairman and managing director (CMD) Ramkumar Ramamoorthy resigned after a 23 year old stint in the company.
As per new reports coming in, the position has been awarded to Rajesh Nambiar, who will be the Chairman and Managing Director of India and a member of Cognizant’s Executive Committee as well.
Rajesh Nambiar To Be Chairman and Managing Director of Cognizant India
Rajesh Nambiar will be joining Cognizant through Ciena, which is a networking, systems, and software company, effective from November 9, 2020.
Brian Humphries, CEO of Cognizant has said, “In the repositioned and elevated role of the India chairman and managing director, Rajesh will strengthen our brand positioning in India and enhance our relationships with relevant Indian government agencies, chambers of commerce, universities, the media, and key policy-making bodies, including Nasscom.”
He also has revealed that Nambiar would be the Executive Committee representative of nearly 200,000 associates in India.
In a statement, Rajesh Nambiar said, “My priority is to build upon Cognizant’s rich legacy of innovation, industry leadership and client-centric employee culture to help the company engineer modern businesses that improve everyday life.”
Rajesh Nambiar: 5 Interesting Facts You Should Know!
- Rajesh Nambiar would be joining Cognizant through Ciena, India, where he is the current Chairman and President.
- Rajesh Nambiar has an experience of 12 years and 6 months in IBM, International Business Machines Corporation, an American multinational technology and consulting company. He resigned from the company as its General Manager and Global Leader, IBM Application Services. He looked over the application services business of IBM, with oversight of an $8 billion global P&L.
- While he was at IBM, he also worked as a member of The National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) Executive Council.
- Prior to that, he has worked with the leading IT services provider company of India, Tata Consultancy Services for as much as 17 years. At TCS, he worked as the Head, Eastern USA.
- He is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, where he studied AMP, Advanced Management.