Asia’s Biggest Solar Project Launched By PM Modi: 13 Fascinating Facts You Should Know

Asia's Biggest Solar Project Launched By PM Modi: 13 Fascinating Facts You Should Know
Asia’s Biggest Solar Project Launched By PM Modi: 13 Fascinating Facts You Should Know

Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated Asia’s largest solar power project named Rewa solar power project in Madhya Pradesh, to the country. 

Read on to find out more about this solar power project…

The Rewa Solar Power Project!

The The Prime Minister inaugurated this Solar Power plant Project which has been set up at Rewa, a city in the state of Madhya Pradesh via video conferencing. 

PM Modi stated that India is among the top 5 nations in the world in terms of solar energy and also that solar energy is the medium of energy for the 21st century. 

According to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, the 750 MW new solar power plant consists of three solar power generating units. Each has a capacity of 250 MW and each located on a 500 hectare plot of land, which is situated inside a Solar Park. 

The Prime Minister also tweeted sharing some pictures of the project…

Key Facts About Rewa Solar Power Project

  1. An amount of Rs 138 crore has been provided by the Centre to Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) for the development of the Solar Park.
  2. The Solar Park consisting of the RUMSL spreads over a total area of 1500 hectares. 
  3. RUMSL is a Joint Venture of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN).
  4. Through reverse auction, RUMSL selected ACME Jaipur Solar Power Private Limited, Mahindra Renewables Private Limited, and Arinsun Clean Energy Private Limited, three solar generating units inside the Solar Park.
  5. RUMSL is India’s first such solar project to break the grid parity barrier. 
  6. First renewable energy project to supply energy to an institutional customer outside the state. From the project, the Delhi Metro will get 24% of energy, while the remaining 76% of energy being supplied to the state DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
  7. The Solar project in Rewa achieved the first year tariff of Rs 2.97 per unit in comparison to the tariffs of the triumphant solar project in early 2017 of around Rs 4.50 per unit. Furthermore, it showed a tariff rise of Rs 0.05 per unit over the period of 15 years and a levelized rate of Rs 3.30 per unit over a period of 25 years.
  8. The RUMSL is expected to reduce carbon emission equivalent to around 15 lakh tons of CO2 per year.
  9. RUMSL signals the commitment of India to achieve the 175 GW target of installed renewable energy capacity by 2022. This includes 100 GW of solar installed capacity.
  10. The Rewa Solar Power project has received the World Bank Group President’s Award, for its innovation and excellence, 
  11. In India as well as abroad, RUMSL has been acknowledged for its robust project structuring and innovations.
  12. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has recommended RUMSL to other states as a model for its payment security mechanism for reducing risks to power developers.
  13. The project was also included in the Prime Minister’s ‘A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings’.

Image Source

"Asia's Biggest Solar Project Launched By PM Modi: 13 Fascinating Facts You Should Know", 5 out of 5 based on 1 ratings.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

who's online