Govt Launches This Portal To Offer 295,200 Internships To Freshers, Graduates
The Government of India will now provide internships for thousands of fresh graduates!
Under the ‘Smart City’ projects, the Union Human Resource Development (HRD)?Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)?Hardeep Singh Puri on June 4 jointly inaugurated ‘The Urban Learning Internship Programme’ (TULIP) to provide internship opportunities to the graduates and engineers across the county.
Read to find out more…
The TULIP Initiative To Make the Young Minds Bloom?
The TULIP portal has been developed by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Puri said, “We expect that around 25,000 fresh graduates will be enrolled in its first year. This will help curb unemployment as well. The interns will be selected for a period of one year.”
HRD Minister said, “Currently, there are 80 lakh students studying in various engineering colleges of India. These engineering graduates will get internship opportunities in various departments under the housing and urban development ministry. In near future, we will provide opportunities to over 1 crore students. I suggest other ministries also to come forward and collaborate with TULIP to provide internship in their departments,”?
With the internship programme students will get to work for 100 smart cities under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). According to the TULIP portal, there are a total of 2,95,200 internships under 23,970 companies.
All About TULIP!
Aim And Objective
The candidates enrolling for this programme would get exposure in a large number of areas including but not limited to urban planning, urban design, different branches of engineering, information and technology, mobility, finance, social sector issues and environmental issues.
The TULIP interns will get an insight into policy formulation and implementation. They will get to interact with city officials/ members of the civil society on a day-to-day basis. They will be steered towards best practices, knowledge sharing and project implementation on ground.
At the end of the programme, the interns will carry with them a rich experience in urban governance which will help them in their future ventures.
- Candidates will be able to share credentials.
- Candidates will be able to broadcast interests.
- Candidates will be able to showcase diverse skills.
- Candidates will be able to choose roles to be offered.
- Candidates will be able to decide stipend and logistics.
- Candidates will be able to decide terms of engagement.
Click for the TULIP brochure here.
Students having a degree of B. Tech, B planning, B. Arch, BA, BSc, BCom, LLB can register for internships as per their interest.
The students must be an Indian citizen and the period between the internship sought and the date of declaration of final year results must not be more than 18 months.
Tenure and Stipend Of The Internship
The duration of the internship will be a minimum of 8 weeks up to 1 year.
Amount of stipend/subsistence allowance/expenses would be payable at the discretion of the Urban Local Body (ULB)/ smart city and there shall be no liability of providing any employment on the ULB or smart city, whatsoever.
- Short-term exposure to fresh graduates to enhance their professional development through experiential learning with ULBs and smart cities.
- Harnessing fresh energy and ideas towards ULBs and smart cities endeavours to solve critical challenges.
Interns shall bring laptops/ mobile internet connectivity/ other devices etc. as needed by them.
The interns shall normally arrange their own boarding/lodging/ transport to and from their place of stay to the place of internship.
However, the ULB/smart city may reimburse transport/travel expenses incurred by the intern during the course of any assignment, which shall be at the sole discretion of the ULB/smart city.
The ULB/smart city may, however if they so decide, support the interns, in whatever way they may deem fit, with resources essential for completion of the assignment as per their discretion.
Certificate of Internship
A digitally signed and shareable certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued jointly by MoHUA, State Government, AICTE and the ULB/smart city.
How to Enroll For The Internship Programme?
- Visit https://internship.aicte-india.org/.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Register’ option under ‘Government Agency’ tab displayed on the screen.
- Fill the details in the form and upload the logo (ULB/ smart city) and appointment certificate (of concerned authority).
- Click on the ‘Register’ tab at the end of the form to complete the registration process on the portal.