SBI Will Refund All Fraud Cases Of ATM Cloning: This Is How You Can Take Refunds
Instances of use of cloned ATM cards have been reported in Delhi on Tuesday, as reported by the State Bank of India. The bank has assured all the affected customers that it would process their refunds soon.
Cloned ATMs used in the National Capital
SBI on Tuesday said that it has come across reports of use of cloned ATM cards in the national capital of Delhi and assured refunds to the affected customers. It has said that all the suspicious transactions should be reported to the home branch.
The largest lender has tweeted in relation to this incident, stating “Cases of using cloned #ATMCards have been reported in Delhi. There appears to be a possible compromise at an ATM of another bank. Affected SBI customers are being helped & refunds will be processed as per the procedure.”
How can you prevent this From Happening to You?
SBI has asked customers to be cautionary while visiting an ATM. For this purpose, it has stated some measures to prevent this from the customer end. These are as follows:
- SBI has advised account holders to change their ATM PIN number from time to time, at regular intervals.
- SBI advises customers to hide the ATM/POS keypad while entering their ATM PIN number.
- It has asked its account holders to memorize the security transaction number rather than writing it down on the card or elsewhere.
- SBI has requested its customers to not use their birthdays and anniversary dates as PIN, which makes it easier for fraudsters to get access to their accounts fraudulently.
- Account holders must ensure that their mobile numbers linked to the account are updated so that they do not miss the transaction- related SMS.
- It has also necessarily urged the customers to not share their PIN with anyone.
- Customers shouldn’t allow anyone inside the ATM while they are withdrawing money. This should be practised as a cautionary habit.
- Customers should not respond to any e-mail, SMS or calls, asking for confidential data.