Karnataka Govt Will Deliver Groceries To Your Home Via WhatsApp Orders; 5000 Agents Hired
The lockdown in India being extended till May 3 due to COVID-19 virus, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on April 21 has officially launched a helpline service for home delivery of essential items and groceries.
Read to find out more…
A Helpline Number to Order Groceries, Vegetables and Medicines!
The helpline launched by Karnataka CM aims to make people stay indoors and at the same time get essential items and groceries delivered to them.
The helpline will operate through call and on WhatsApp as well. Customers can send their grocery list on 08061914960.
Around 5000 delivery agents have been roped in from various private agencies who will help with the door-to-door delivery, said the Karnataka CM. He also said, “We hope that with this initiative, lesser people will step out of their homes. We urge people to stay at home and avoid getting out on the roads.”
The service was an initiative of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagar Palike (BBMP). Bangalore South MP Tejasvi Surya presented the features of this platform to the Chief Minister informing him how it proves useful for the residents of his constituency.
On the other hand, on April 20 the agriculture department? of the Jagan Mohan Reddy government in Andhra Pradesh tied up with Swiggy to deliver fresh fruits and vegetables at people’s doorstep during the lockdown.
A 9-step manual of how to place your order!
To get your grocery listdelivered to your home follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Save the 08061914960 on your device.
- Send a message HI on the number.
- Share your location /address.
- Follow the instructions- Type A for Groceries and vegetables OR B for Medicines.
- Type your order items or send a picture of your grocery list.
- After sending the list, your order will be placed.
- You will receive an SMS confirming your order along with the transaction ID.
- Delivery partners will deliver at a designated time.
- Pay for the items ordered along with a Rs 10 additional delivery fee.
BBMP commissioner, B.H. Anil Kumar took to twitter to share the module.