Facebook Dating Is Now Live Across 20 Nations, India Will Have To Wait; This Is How It Works (Exclusive Images)
Facebook has been working on a dating feature to be introduced in the app for a long time now.
And it’s finally here!
Facebook has finally introduced the dating platform, ‘Facebook Dating’ in the United States. Previously, it was launched only for one single country, Colombia.
Although Facebook has made quite a name for its notorious data breaches, the credibility of a dating platform by Facebook is yet to be proven.
Want to know more about the dating platform by FB, and how it works? Read on below!
Facebook Turns Cupid: Launches ‘Facebook Dating’
Apart from the United States, Facebook has also made this dating platform available in other countries such as Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam.
As per Facebook, Facebook Dating will also come to Europe early in the next year.
The feature is available for people above 18 years of age only, and it will appear as a new tab on the official app of Facebook.
Facebook’s intentions behind the introduction of this Dating platform is not casual affairs, instead long-lasting relationships for people looking for them. The Product Manager Nathan Sharp said, “We didn’t want to include anything around swiping or games. Facebook Dating is about conversations.”
Your dating profile will be different than your regular Facebook profile, and it will be visible to anyone who is present on Dating.
Facebook Dating: How Does It Work? 5 Things You Should Know!
- You will be asked about your personal information, such as your gender and your preference of genders.
- Dating will also use your location to suggest people living nearby. However, this location can be changed in your dating preferences.
- There is a ‘Secret Crush’ tab that also allows you to match with your existing Facebook Friends. It also asks you a few questions about your likes and dislikes, such as ‘The best thing I can cook is..’, ‘3 words that best describe me’, and other such trivia.
- Facebook Dating has also been incorporated in Facebook Groups and Events. If anyone is attending the same events or is in the same group that you are, they might show up on your Dating profile.
- In addition to this, Dating will also be incorporated into Instagram. There are no in-app advertisements or purchasing options on the platform either.
Source of Cover Image