Your Gmail Will Become Dynamic After July 2nd: Here Are The Changes; How To Check Your Dynamic Gmail Status?
Google-owned AMP Open Source Project is launching a major new feature that can now enable companies to generate dynamic emails that you can interact right from the inbox. This means that you can treat the body of the email as you a webpage.
The feature began showing up on select G Suite customers, but that will soon change on July 2, 2019, when the dynamic email in Gmail launches will become generally available and will launch on default for all domains.
What Has Changed?
With the dynamic email, users can easily operate web-based tasks from within the messaging itself, like filling out of forms, RSVPing to an event, filling out the questionnaire or responding to a comment.
For example, if we talk about commenting in Google Docs. Now instead of receiving individual email notifications when you are mentioned in a comment, you’ll now witness an up-to-date thread in Gmail which allows you to easily reply right from within the message.
Google debuted AMP for Email as a developer preview last February and it’s developed on the same technology that underpins accelerated mobile pages(AMP). Pinterest, RedBus, Freshworks, Doodle, Booking.com, Despegar, Ecwid, Nexxt, Oyo Rooms are some of the early adopters as .well Google’s own Google Doc team.
Security And Privacy Concerns
There have been many concerns raised over how interactive emails could be used to phish or cause danger to privacy by bypassing security.
Addressing this issue, Google is implementing an approvals policy for the system.
That is before anybody can send a dynamic email, they need to be registered with Google and be reviewed.
Checking The Status Of The Dynamic Email In Gmail
- Admins – G Suit admins can check the status by navigating to Apps> G Suite> Settings for Gmail> Users Settings in Admin console and selecting from the following options
- Disable: This option prevents users in your domain from receiving any interactive emails.
- Enable Now(Beta): This setting will allow dynamic email(currently in beta) immediately. This feature will stay enabled when it enters general availability.
- Enable when The Feature Is Generally Available: This is the default setting and will enable dynamic email when this feature becomes generally available.
- End Users – Users will be able to view dynamic emails from senders who are sending dynamic emails. Also if they aren’t interested they can turn dynamic email off for their individual account.
The feature is currently available for the Gmail on the web and will be soon available for mobile as well.
Overall it’s an amazing feature that will help in increasing productivity as well as saving a lot of time by simplifying many tasks.