Airtel Scraps All Low-Value Post Paid Plans; Rs 499 Is The Minimum Plan You Can Choose
India’s second largest Telecom Operator has made a massive change in its postpaid portfolio in the past few weeks in order to take on its competitors.
Sunil Bharti Mittal lead telecom operator has made a move to gradually phase out postpaid plans that are below Rs 499.The operator has also revised the total number of plans to four that are being offered to the post-paid customers.
After revising these plans, Airtel’s entry level postpaid plan now starts at Rs 499.
Reasons For These Changes
- The move was made by the company in order to simply the plans which would help to improve its Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) and boost profit margins
- Another major reason to scrap out these plans was to minimise cost.
- This revision will help in offering better experience at an acceptable price range to both the customers as well as the telecommunication operator.
Post the revised fares, users with Rs 299 and Rs 349 plans would have to subscribe to Rs 499 plan-
- Which accounts for 5- 7% of the total 284 million subscriber base, but generate upto 20- 25 % of the total revenue.
- The company is clearly willing to lose some subscribers for higher revenue and profitability as it’s competitors – Jio, Vodafone-Idea have not yet revised their postpaid plans yet.
- Apart from the Rs 299 and Rs 349 plans, Airtel has also dropped high-value packs like Rs 649, Rs 1,199 and Rs 2,999.
The Four Plans For Its Postpaid Users Are
- Rs 499 plan replaces the cheapest Rs 399 plan
- Under this plan you get 75GB of 3G/4G data with data rollover option, unlimited calling, and 100 daily SMSes.
- You can also enjoy 3-month of Netflix, 1-year Amazon Prime, ZEE5 subscription, Airtel TV as a part of new #AirtelThanks Customer program
2. Rs 749 Plan : Best Plan Available So Far-
- This plan is made in order to suit more users after discarding the Rs 649, Rs 1,199, Rs 2,999 Plans
- The plan provides 125GB of 3G/4G data with rollover facility, unlimited calling, 100 SMSes per day along with all the Airtel Thanks benefits mentioned previously.
- The Rs 749 is for two regular connections and one add-on connection
3. Rs 999 Plan – Suited Best For a Family Of Five –
- It offers all the benefits of Rs 799 Plan but with 150GB monthly data
- Allows total of five connection- Four regular connection and one add-on connection.
4. Rs 1,599 Plan- Most Premium Plan Option –
- Under this plan, you get unlimited data, unlimited calling, 200 ISD minutes and a 10% discount on International Roaming packs.
- Also the #AirtelThanks complimentary benefits such as free subscription to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and ZEE5 are also offered in the pack.