ICICI Bank’s New Premium Savings Account Is Only For Men: What’s So Special?
This special premium account from ICICI Bank is only for the men.
ICICI Bank, India’s leading private bank has announced the launch of a new premium saving account.
The highlight of this special account is that, no woman can apply for this. This premium account is only for men.
What is the logic behind this? Keep reading to find out more!
ICICI Bank’s Men-Only Premium Account
Christened as ‘The One’, ICICI Bank’s premium saving account has been created for the men – Upwardly, mobile men with higher annual income, and living in urban locations.
There are two variants of this special account: Magnum and Titanium.
As per Pranav Mishra, Head, Retail Liabilities Group, ICICI Bank, this premium savings account will help ‘men’ to manage their assets, plans their investments, and choose the best lifestyle products.
He said, “We have curated a special offering that bundles many benefits of enhanced insurance covers, access to convenient asset creations, investments and lifestyle benefits,”
9 Special Benefits Of The One Premium Mens-Only Account
- Upto 40% discount on lockers
- Free transactions on ICICI Bank and non-ICICI Bank ATMs, across India
- Till Rs 22,500 threshold of equity trading, there will be no brokerage fees
- Zero demat fee for the first year
- Free Amazon Gift Card worth Rs 999, which can be used for availing Prime Membership
- Free subscription of Zomato Gold for a year, for Titanium members
- Free NEFT/RTGS forever
- Special life-insurance plans
- Rs 40 lakh air accident insurance already included, plus Rs 10 lakh and Rs 5 lakh personal accident insurance and Rs 1.5 lakh purchase protection on debit card.
Why Only Men Can Apply For This Savings Account?
The first reaction was shocking for us.
Why to design such an offer, and a special account, where women cannot apply, and only men can apply?
Then, after investigation, we found the answer: This is ICICI Bank’s new banking product, which is exclusively tailor-made for men.
Just like a mens-only premium savings account, ICICI Bank had previously launched women’s-only saving account, and a special account for senior citizens as well, which provided a higher rate of interest.
Pranav said, “Our research has identified different customer sub-segments who require different product propositions. In line with this, we had introduced new savings account offerings for senior citizens, working women and families.”
Do you think that such niche offers, based on males/females makes sense? Or this is the new future of Indian banking?
Do let us know by commenting right here!