This Startup Earns Rs 200 Crore By Enabling Zero Electricity Cost For Households


Radhika Kajarekar

Radhika Kajarekar

Mar 20, 2024


SolarSquare, a Rs 100 crore firm founded by entrepreneurs Neeraj Jain and Nikhil Nahar, shifted its focus from installing solar power systems for major corporations to the home solar market.

This Startup Earns Rs 200 Crore By Enabling Zero Electricity Cost For Households

Additionally, entrepreneur and IIT-Bombay alumnus Shreya Mishra joined SolarSquare to assist with the turnaround by contributing her experience in the consumer industry.

SolarSquare Focuses on Home Solar Market

The enormous financial possibility in the household solar market had a role in the decision to change course.

Transitioning from the business and industrial segment to servicing individual residences presented hurdles for SolarSquare.

Extreme weather and rising electricity prices have raised demand for alternate energy sources like rooftop solar power systems.

Residential solar installations are now standardized thanks to SolarSquare, which produces prefabricated, easily assembled solar systems that can be installed in six hours or less.

With over 10,000 individual homes and 100 residential societies under its service, the company has emerged as one of India’s top residential solar brands.

SolarSquare Raised Rs. 130 Crore in Funding

Operating in sixteen cities throughout eight states, SolarSquare has raised approximately Rs 130 crore in funding. For the current fiscal year, the company is projected to bring in revenues of about Rs 200 crore.

Residential installations account for 80% of SolarSquare’s business, with the remaining 20% coming from the commercial and industrial sector. Residential societies and individual residences are included in the residential category. Common area installations such as water pumps, elevators, and street lighting are also included.

SolarSquare’s scalability and profitability can be attributed to its standardized approach to home installations.

The significance of standardization in scaling operations for the home solar market is emphasized by Shreya Mishra.

The rise of SolarSquare in the home market is indicative of the growing number of Indian households opting for solar power solutions. Due to its concentration on residential installations, the company has grown in size.

Residential societies are a big market for SolarSquare, especially in places like Bengaluru, Pune, and Mumbai. The company’s accomplishments show how well it works to shift focus to new market prospects.


Radhika Kajarekar
Radhika Kajarekar
  • 578 Posts

Subscribe Now!

Get latest news and views related to startups, tech and business

You Might Also Like

Business
Dec. 8, 2022

Beat The Burden Of Medical Inflation With A Health Insurance

As disease rates rise and medical technology develops, treatment costs climb. It’s essential to understand that medical costs are not exclusively associated with hospitals. The cost of prescription drugs, diagnostic procedures, ambulance and operating room fees, consultations with doctors, and other costs are also constantly increasing. All of them could put a big strain on […]

Business
Dec. 8, 2022

3 Biggest Changes Of iOS 16.2 Update That Every iPhone User Should Know!

In its latest update Apple said that it is preparing for the iOS 16.2 update for iPhones across the world. Notably, like the previous release, there are a couple of changes coming for the iPhones.  iOS 16.2 Update Release Date So far, Apple has not announced a release date for iOS 16.2 update. Reportedly, the […]

Business
Dec. 8, 2022

300 Microsoft Employees Create Employee Union, First Time Ever: This Is How Microsoft Reacted

Around 300 workers at Microsoft Corp.’s ZeniMax Studios have commenced the process of forming a union which is said to be the first at the software giant in the US.  Here, Microsoft Corp.’s ZeniMax Studios known for popular video games including Skyrim and Fallout. Forming Union In Microsoft Corp Moreover, the quality assurance employees at […]

Business
Dec. 7, 2022

India Beats China In Air Travel Safety: Ranking Jumps From 102 To 48 In Global Aviation Safety

India’s air safety protocols and executions have improved drastically over the years, as validated by the findings of a specialized agency of the United Nations, the International Civil Aviation Organization or ICAO. The UN watchdog has upgraded India’s ranking in terms of aviation safety to the 48th position, jumping past the rankings of countries like […]

Recent Posts

Related Videos

   

Subscribe Now!

Get latest news and views related to startups, tech and business

who's online