Air India Express, a low-cost subsidiary of Air India, has announced a new schedule of international flights from Kuwait and Dammam in Saudi Arabia to India.
The carrier has been in operation since 2005 and ferries passengers mainly from Gulf and South East Asia in short/medium haul international flights at affordable rates.
Routes And Schedules
The flights will operate under the government’s Vande Bharat Mission between July and October.
Under this mission, the flights will arrive from Kuwait to Vijayawada, Kozhikode, Kannur, Trichy, Kochi, and Mangalore.
The schedule is as follows:
- Kuwait-Vijayawada-Kozhikode- to operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Kuwait-Kannur-Trichy- to operate on Tuesdays
- Kuwait-Mangalore-Trichy- to operate on Saturdays
The Dammam, Saudi Arabia to India Flight IX1582 which flies the Dammam-Thiruvananthapuram-Chennai route will begin from July 17.
The flight will depart from Dammam at 1030 hours and arrive in Thiruvananthapuram at 1735 hours, and finally land in Chennai at 1945 hours.
Not all will be eligible to fly since these are special Vande Bharat mission flights and not for commercial purposes.
In order to fly, one must be either:
- A domestic worker with a valid visa
- Employees of the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health
- A first-degree relative (husband/ wife/ children)
- First-degree relatives of Kuwaitis
- Diplomats and others on diplomatic missions
One will also have to provide an authentic COVID-19 negative test report from maximum 72 hours before.
Bookings can be made on the carrier’s website, call centre, city office or through authorized travel agents.
It should be noted as a precaution that all commercial flights between India and Kuwait have been suspended till July 31.