Ban PUBG India Avatar Battlegrounds Mobile, Says This MLA; Find Out Why?

Battlegrounds Mobile India's release date has yet to be determined, but the South Korean company has begun accepting pre-registrations for the game via the Google Play store.
Battlegrounds Mobile India’s release date has yet to be determined, but the South Korean company has begun accepting pre-registrations for the game via the Google Play store.

The new Battlegrounds Mobile India avatar of PUBG Mobile India is designed to deceive the government and people, and it should be banned in the country.

Arunachal Pradesh Member of Legislative Assembly Ninong Ering demanded in a letter addressed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday. 

PUBG Mobile India’s New Avatar Battlegrounds Mobile India

Developers Sidestepping Indian laws

Arunachal Pradesh Member of Legislative Assembly Ninong Ering alleged that by launching the new game, its developer Krafton was sidestepping Indian laws. 

Battlegrounds Mobile India’s release date has yet to be determined, but the South Korean company has begun accepting pre-registrations for the game via the Google Play store.

“This is a mere illusion and a trick to relaunch the same game with minor modifications and collect user data of millions of our citizens, including our children and transfer it to foreign companies and the Chinese government,”


Ering, who represents the Pasighat West Assembly constituency in the Northeastern Indian state, said in the letter. 

He also posted a copy of his three-page letter on Twitter, which was initially reported by IGN India.

Krafton’s Indian Employees Were Former China’s Tencent Employees?

The government banned PUBG Mobile in September 2020.

 Krafton took back the game’s publishing and distribution rights from China’s Tencent Games.

However, the company continues to be the game’s publisher and distributor in other countries.

Almost all of Krafton’s Indian staff, including its senior management team, were former Tencent employees who “miraculously” were recruited by Krafton in December and are also working on Battlegrounds Mobile India, according to Ering.

Relaunch of PUBG Mobile India?

He also noted that the URL of the game’s Google Play store listing recently hinted at a PUBG Mobile India relaunch.

The MLA also stated that the points defined by him bring a definite conclusion that Battlegrounds Mobile India “is simply a relaunch of PUBG Mobile”.

The MLA also said that Tencent had comprehensive ongoing relations with Nodwin Gaming, a business that recently received funding from Krafton. He also said, according to news reports, that Nodwin offered its services in Pakistan and had a local team there.

 “Krafton has very close ties with Tencent and is now also an investor in Nodwin which works very closely with Tencent,” he stated.

 “The gameplay features and other aspects will be the same,” he said. “Krafton has also added maps from PUBG in the relaunched game and the weapons will also be the same with just new names.”

He also added that the launch could bring the risks of “addiction, harm, and deaths” that were all seen with the battle royale game previously.

Ering also stated that allowing PUBG Mobile to relaunch would encourage other companies to re-enter the country, such as TikTok and WeChat. 

Tencent’s-Indirect Way Of Entering India! 

Erring believes that the renamed game is Tencent’s “indirect way of entering India” and capturing data of Indian citizens. 

He explained that although the game’s data would be processed locally in India and Singapore, it would be also transferred to other countries and regions to run the game service and satisfy legal requirements, according to the game’s privacy policy.

 “The launch announcement is also timed with the launch of Krafton’s IPO, from which Tencent will directly benefit,” he said.

Gadgets 360 has reached out to Krafton and Nodwin Gaming for their comment on the matter and will update this space when they respond.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

who's online