These 5 Education Startups In India Are Changing The Rules Of The Industry
Covid-19 pandemic brought with it an array of challenges in almost every field. One of the biggest challenges that came across us was the ability to educate in an online environment where there stood a virtual wall between the teacher and the students.
However, this was also seen as an opportunity for online startups in India that developed AI-enabled tools to provide a seamless experience for online education. A digital record of attendance, automated systems for examination, knowledge dissemination, and course work were some of the advancements that made the life of teachers and students easier.
As of 2018, the country has approximately 3,500 education startups and this number has grown exponentially in the past two years. As per the KPMG’s Online education in India: 2021 report, the education startups sector is expected to grow to $1.96 Billion, with a major influx in investments.
How Did the Companies Expand During the Sudden Covid-19 Crisis?
While the education startups have been flourishing in the Indian market for the past several years, overcoming the sudden change that Covid-19 brought was a big challenge. But few things helped the education startups in adapting to the sudden era of social distancing-
- Fast adoption of advanced online teaching tools by EdTech brands that helped in the continuous flow of education.
- A robust marketer that adapted to the sudden change in the marketing plans and communicated the availability of an effective medium for an online teacher. The role of marketers remained extremely crucial as the brands that had efficient marketers in place, were able to communicate their messages to the target audience precisely and efficiently. This led to huge profits.
- The ability to carry out the entire school process on one single portal from administrative management to classes to exams and much more.
Top 5 Education Startups in India
The Top 5 startups in India that made huge profits owing to their dynamic and user-friendly processes and workflows include-
- BYJU’s– With a revenue base of over 520 crores INR and 9,000 employees, it is one of the biggest EdTech startups in the country. The brand has also collaborated with companies such as Disney to bring in some exciting stuff on their platform for students of younger age groups. BYJU’s plans to expand in the international market in countries such as the US that have English as their native language.
- ForeignAdmits: Founded by an IIT alumnus, ForeignAdmits is a renowned career solutions platform that helps students to easily avail university admissions abroad. The platform helps with career counseling and provides insights on writing effective SOPs, LORs, etc., to get admission in an international college of repute. The platform connects students and working professionals with expert international mentors to help them accelerate their career. The USP of the platform lies in its ability to provide customized guidance to the aspirants, by analyzing the caliber of each student and outlining a progress plan based on the same. The brand has been recognised and featured by Doordarshan and Bombay Stock Exchange Institute as one of the top startups in India.
- Awign Enterprises– This gig-workforce training platform was found in 2016 and is headquartered in Bengaluru. Currently, the startup is operated in over 400+ cities making it one of the most widely functioning EdTech startups in India. The startup is focused around offering auditing, operations management, new business development and has a team of over 650K trained gig partners across the country.
- Illumnus– Ed-Tech startup Illumnus operates easily and handily by sharing knowledge and connecting the world of education. This is the reason that the app saw a steep rise in the Indian market over the past two years. It is a complete suite of Learning Management System which brings together all 4 stakeholders (students, teachers, parents, and administration) of an educational institute in a seamless way. The brand caters to both Indian and foreign clients/students, enabling Indian education hubs to open their avenues to foreign students who wish to study in India and vice versa.
- Testbook– Testbook is a government exam preparation platform that provides the necessary knowledge base and online classes to help students pass their online exams. The platform has features for recorded video tapes, test video discussions, PDFs, and recorded notes to help the students always gain access to information easily.
The above startups have seen a sudden hike in their growth trajectory, owing to the sudden adaptation of the digital environment and innovative marketers who have made the best marketing plans for the brands to excel. Despite all the features if the marketer does not work in the right direction, your startup may suffer, and this is what the above brands realized well in time.