Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra- details of this hotly anticipated device including renders and specs sheets have leaked.
What we know so far is that it gets a 200MP camera with the new ISOCELL HP2 sensor.
It retains the same ultrawide, 3x and 10x telephoto units from the S22 Ultra, though sources did promise they will perform better through improved processing.
Aside from upgraded video capture capabilities, including support for 8K at 30fps (previous models topped out at 24fps) the device, according to leakster Ice Universe, will have improved portrait video mode.
The resolution cap is reportedly going up to 4K at 30fps, while the current S22 Ultra only records 1080p/30fps videos in portrait mode.
Further, the separation between subject and background will be better.
The thermals of the Galaxy S23 Ultra are “relatively good”, which should mean that the new flagship doesn’t heat up much while shooting in these more demanding video modes.
The Galaxy S23 Ultra with Snapdragon 8 Gen2 will launch in Europe since the promo images are intended for the French website.
RAM is said to be 8/12 GB but LPDDR5 mentioned, instead of LPDDR5X which begs the question as to why the newer technology isn’t being implemented.
Screen will be a 6.8” 2X Dynamic AMOLED with 1440p resolution and 500 ppi.
It is protected by a Gorilla Glass Victus 2,which is a step stronger than the Victus+ on the S22 Ultra.
Size-wise, it will likely be the same with only minor differences in all three dimensions.
Coming to the battery, the Galaxy S23 Ultra also shares the 5,000 mAh battery with 45W charging with its predecessor.
The device will ship with Android 13 and One UI 5.1 on top, while connectivity features include Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi 6E, NFC, and UWB.
Official announcement of the Galaxy S23 Ultra should take place on February 1.
In terms of cosmetics, it will come in Black, Violet, Green, or Cream colors.
Last year’s Ultra started from €1,250, and the question is whether the prices are jacked up this time or not.
A local store in Matagalpa, Nicaragua called KM CELL STORE shared a post on its Facebook page claiming to have and showing off at least four S23 Ultra units.
Going by the description there are 12GB RAM and 512GB storage models, ready for immediate delivery.
What we know so far
To sum it all up,
- 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X display along with 1–120Hz refresh rate.
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC processor.
- The smartphone measures 163.3×78.1×8.9mm and about 233 grams.
- 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options.
- A 5,000mAh battery with 45W fast charging capability.
- An in-display fingerprint sensor
- A quad rear camera system including 200 MP primary sensor, a f/1.7 lens, a12 MP ultra-wide shooter, and two 10-megapixel telephoto shooters. For selfies and video calls, there is a 12 MP sensor on the front side.
- Connectivity options include 5G, GPS, NFC, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth v5.3 and a USB Type-C port.