With each passing day, the Indian start-up space has been advancing inch by inch. Today, India has emerged as the third-largest start-up ecosystem after the US and China. Heading into 2023, industry experts are positive about the sustained growth of the start-up ecosystem, which will continue to be the backbone of the new economy.
This digital revolution has transformed the entire way businesses work and has made our lives simpler, by providing all the products and services at our fingertips. Start-up entrepreneurs have been resilient in their efforts in converging technology with meeting the needs of the people across the country. Let us take a look at some of the top start-ups which are running with a stellar mission of transforming our lifestyle, managing our finances, planning smart investments when you need to replace vehicle, traveling, taking care of our health, or even renting out furniture which we should look out for in the new year.
- Furlenco: From its very inception, Furlenco has carved out a niche for itself by offering value-for-money products that are user-driven and aspirational. The brand offers multiple ways to access furniture and the flexibility to move from one way to the other with the best-in-breed technology-first and scalable solutions. Customer-centricity is deeply ingrained in Furlenco’s DNA, as it places the customer at the centre of all things, delivering what is promised with no exceptions. With Furlenco, one can rent appliances and furnishings with the utmost convenience and ease. The brand also provides absolutely free inter-city relocation for all of its products. Furlenco’s yearly plans allow you to subscribe to products for your entire home at a single fee or rent specific furnishings and appliances based on your personal needs.
- Simpl: Simpl is a 1-tap checkout platform, making payments invisible and money intelligent. Simpl is on a mission to empower merchants to build trusted relationships with customers, one transaction at a time. With more than 26,000 available merchants and millions of approved users pan-India, Simpl envisions creating a frictionless and inclusive digital payments experience for India that empowers and fosters trust between merchants and their customers. Simpl is a consumer experience platform providing a full-stack solution for e-commerce conversion. It enables merchants to give customers 1-tap checkout, buyer protection and a pay-later facility to feel safe and trusted when shopping online. Through Simpl, merchants can provide consumers with an easy, safe, and intuitive user experience.
- mPokket: Launched with the mission of empowering the youth of India financially, mPokket is an instant loan app that provides loans to college students and young working professionals. Borrowers can avail loans ranging from Rs. 500 to Rs. 30,000 and the amount is sent via instant credit to bank account or Paytm wallet. The borrowing limit will keep increasing over time based on multiple factors, including timely loan repayments. One can choose to repay in up to 3 months along with a nominal interest charge. mPokket was started back in 2016 with the vision to improve the lives of those who need quick cash for an urgent need but do not have access to credit cards or other means of formal borrowing. Their customers do not need to submit any physical documents or visit a branch to get instant personal loans. They just need to apply online on the mobile App.
- Sankash: The new player in the market – SanKash, which is a synonym to “Money for Travel”, is here to sort your Travel finances! With SanKash by your side, you will be able to travel to all your dream destinations. Just convert your cost into easy EMIs at no additional cost for up to 6 months. Now that you know the secret to worry-free travel , go ahead and gift a memory of a lifetime.
- Snapdeal: New Year holidays are the most wonderful time of the year! While it is all about Shopping and picking the right gifts for you and your loved ones. This season, Snapdeal has curated the best Christmas gifting idea. This leading lifestyle shopping destination has everything for everyone. A range of good quality and value-based products is enough to fulfill all your shopping needs. If you are planning to gift your loved one, Snapdeal will help you with gift accessories like Urban Mark shoes, Nord deo to keep you refreshed and even Aragma skincare to pamper your skin.
- Beato: BeatO is a digital app-based platform that provides clinically proven, comprehensive diabetes care programs to prevent, control & reverse diabetes under the guidance of experts. BeatO’s ecosystem includes its innovative smartphone-connected glucometers that work in unison with the BeatO app and an experienced team of experts – health coaches, nutritionists and top doctors. BeatO’s AI powered app provides personalized insights & real-time, data-driven care via its experts. BeatO also provides a complete one-stop solution for all daily diabetes essentials such as medicines, lab tests, diabetes friendly foods & products.
- DaMENSCH: New Year, New Me is going to be taking over the Instagram captions very soon. However, this New Years, all you need to be is YOU- Fully and Unapologetically! Fashion and style is the first easy step to own and be comfortable in your uniqueness. DaMENSCH- the premium conscious men’s wear brand is a stamp that’s equivalent to the guarantee of comfort. DaMENSCH garments are crafted with specialized knits, High-IQ colours, thermoregulating fibre tech and high quality sustainably sourced materials making them the essentials that only fills your wardrobe with style, fits with comfort and the planet with care.
- SuperBottoms: Enter the new year by choosing sustainability, and what better than- SuperBottoms, India’s leading sustainable brand of baby and mom products. SuperBottoms focuses on awareness and increased adoption of reusable cloth diapers, each usable for up to 3 years, in India besides the daily needs of babies & moms. SuperBottoms’ current line of products includes innovative products with unique features for baby care. It is currently rendering baby diapering products including cloth diapers, langots, potty training pants, and diapering accessories. Made with pure cotton, their products are very gentle and safe on the baby’s delicate skin. With every step, the brand takes a leap towards being the epitome of sustainability. A leader in the cloth diaper category in India, the brand has also expanded into the female wellness category with the launch of India’s maximum absorbent Period Underwear- MaxAbsorb™ Period Underwear.
- Apna: apna.co is India’s largest jobs and professional networking platform dedicated to helping India’s rising workforce to unlock unique professional networking, and skilling opportunities. Having secured more than $190 million from marquee investors such as Tiger Global, Owl Ventures, Insight Partners, Lightspeed India, Sequoia Capital India, Maverick Ventures, GSV Ventures, Greenoaks Capital and Rocketship.vc . apna.co is on a mission to enable livelihoods for billions in India. With more than 30 million users in 70-plus cities and counting and more than 300,000 employers that trust the platform, India has a new destination to discover relevant opportunities.
- Spinny: Founded in 2015, Spinny is a used car retailing platform that aims to bring about transparency and convenience in the car buying and selling process in India. Spinny operates across the entire value chain of used cars, embedding superior technology and processes to deliver a premium experience to customers. As a testimony of Spinny’s commitment to transparency and quality, every car on the Spinny platform comes with a 200-point inspection checklist, 5-day no questions asked money-back guarantee and 1-year after-sales warranty. Spinny has 57 car hubs and is operational in 22 cities, including Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and Indore, among others. Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar partnered with Spinny as a strategic investor and a lead brand ambassador. Sports icon, PV Sindhu, a believer and customer of Spinny, is also a part of the series of marketing initiatives focused on realizing the aspirations of a billion car dreams.
# # #