One India, One Vehicle Registration Number: BH Series Launched For These Vehicle Owners (Full Details)
To ensure seamless transfer of personal vehicles across states, the Road Transport Ministry has come up with a new registration mark for new vehicles — Bharat Series (BH-series).
The government has announced a new car registration regime!
The new regime will eliminate the need for vehicle owners to re-register their vehicles when moving from one state or union territory to another.
“This vehicle registration facility under ‘Bharat series (BH-series)’ will be available voluntarily to defence personnel, employees of central government/State government/central/state public sector undertakings and private sector companies/organisations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union Territories,”
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) said in a statement.
New Series Of Bharat Series
If we look at the present scenario a person can keep a vehicle in any state other than the one where it is registered for a maximum of 12 months. Before the 12-month period expires, the owner must get the car re-registered.
But the vehicles registered with this new series “BH”, which stands for Bharat won’t require re-registration when the owners are transferred to a new state. The new rules, also called Central Motor Vehicles (Twentieth Amendment) Rules, 2021, shall come into force with effect from September 15, 2021.
Benefits Of The New BH Series
- Vehicles with the new series “BH,” which stands for “Bharat,” will not need to be re-registered when their owners move to a new state.
- Vehicle owners will be required to pay a two-year or multiple-of-two road tax.
- The entire process will be completed online, eliminating the need to visit RTOs.
Road Tax According To The New Regime
In the new “BH” series regime, the ministry has fixed the following road tax:
- The road tax of 8% for vehicles costing up to Rs 10 lakh
- The road tax of 10% for vehicles costing up between Rs 10-20 lakh
- The road tax of 12% for vehicles costing over Rs 20 lakh
- There will be a 2% extra charge for diesel vehicles
- There will be 2% less tax for electric vehicles.
The motor vehicle tax or road tax will be levied for two years or in multiple of two. “After completion of the fourteenth year, the motor vehicle tax shall be levied annually which shall be half of the amount which was charged earlier for that vehicle,” a ministry official said.