TCS Hiring 40,000 Freshers Via TCS iON Exam: Apply Online Before This Date! (Rules, Eligibility)
TCS will hire over 40,000 freshers from Indian campuses this financial year.
It will be hiring through candidates appearing in its qualification exam “National Qualifier Test” (NQT) which will take place from Aug 30 onwards.
Candidates can apply for any entry-level role in any corporation with the NQT Score.
TCS National Qualifier Test
The scores are valid for 2 years and is evaluates a candidate on the following sections:
- Cognitive ability in the areas of verbal, numerical and reasoning abilities
- Psychometric profile to assess personality traits and dispositions in the workplace
- Industry awareness i.e. understanding of industry-specific dimensions
- Expertise in subject areas relevant to the industry
There will be no negative marking.
The test is not exclusive to TCS hiring but also for other corporates to draw from the pre-certified talent pool.
The tests are conducted every quarter so as to ensure continuous availability of certified talent throughout the year.
The target demographic for the test are freshers or those with less than 2 years of work experience.
It should be noted that the NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is compulsory in order to to register for Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test), Industry NQT and Subject NQT.
It evaluates a candidate’s understanding of concepts such as:
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses English grammar, appropriate usage of the same, and reading comprehension
- Reasoning Ability: This section assesses identifying words and numeric patterns, problem-solving, figural and factual analysis, decision-making, propositional reasoning and visual-spatial reasoning.
- Numerical Ability: This section assesses number system, arithmetic, elementary statistics, data interpretation.
One must fulfil the following prerequisites in order to give the exam:
- UG, PG and Diploma students in their pre-final and final year
- Students with any degree and specialisation/discipline
- Freshers with less than 2 years of experience
Where To Apply
One can apply for the Bov 2021 (the previous quarters being February, May, August) exam cycle on this direct link.
The exam will take place starting Aug 30.
The last date to register is Aug 15.
The exam can be done online or at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres.
Different individual tests and bundles of test packages and their rates starting from Rs 399 are also on display on the website.
Brands Which Recognize NQT Scores
On the link one can also find the various companies which accept the NQT score.
Prominent brands accept the score as it is not limited to TCS alone.
Accepting brands include Croma, Equifax, Titan, Vedantu, TeamLease, and Mphasis.