This Is How You Can Stop Others From Adding You In Random Whatsapp Groups: Secure Your Privacy!
Technology has moved by leaps and bounds. The whole world is available in your palms. As much it is useful for our own benefit, it is bringing its own problems in our life. One such boon to humanity has been Whatsapp, the instant messaging app. It brought the whole world under its spell. It is a great way to stay connected to family, friends, or even colleagues. But the same service is being exploited by many for their own benefit.
Are unknown users adding you to WhatsApp groups?
These Whatsapp groups are created without permission from participants and this could be frustrating for a lot of us. We hate being a part of these unnecessary groups, but out of decency, we find it difficult to leave the groups. If you are looking out for the solution, we have it here for you.
The best way out of this is to have a filter that will stop random people from adding you to groups.
A feature in settings lets you decide who can add you to groups. By default, the setting is set to ‘Everyone’, which means anyone with your phone number can add you to a group. To stops this from happening, the following steps should be followed. Even after you make changes in the settings, it should be noted that the group admins can send you invite links and ask you to join groups.
Follow the following steps to make the amendments
- Open Whatsapp, click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option and then tap Account.
- Click on Privacy then on Groups. The default setting will be set to ‘Everyone’.
- Three options will be visible — ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’, and ‘My Contacts Except’.
- The ‘Everyone’ option lets any user with your phone number add you to a group without your permission.
- The ‘My Contact’ option only lets the users which can add you in groups whose numbers you have saved in your contact list.
- The last ‘My Contacts Except’ option enables you to choose exactly who can add you to groups by letting you filter further and delist the contacts you don’t want to be added by to a group.