Banks Will Be Closed For These 9 Days In June: Full List Of Bank Holidays In June
There will be 9 bank holidays for the month of June.
These include 2nd and 4th Saturdays and all Sundays when all banks are mandated by the RBI to stay closed.
Some of the holidays in the list are observed only in certain territories and not nationwide.
Holidays Which Banks Throughout India Observe
Only gazetted holidays are observed by all banks, whether public or private, foreign banks, cooperative banks and regional banks.
These holidays include specific Saturdays, Sundays, Republic Day (January 26), Independence Day (August 15), Gandhi Jayanti (October 2), and Christmas Day (December 25).
Festivals such as Diwali, Christmas, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanthi, Good Friday are also occasions where banks remain shut.
RBI Categories Of Bank Holidays
The RBI has categorized bank holidays under 3 brackets-
- Negotiable Instruments Act
- Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday aka RTGS Holiday
- Banks’ Closing of Accounts
The List Of 9 Holidays
The asterisk (*) indicates that the holiday is only for specific regions and not throughout the country.
The list is as follows-
- 06 June 2021 – Sunday (Weekly off)
- 12 June 2021 – Second Saturday
- 13 June 2021 – Sunday (Weekly off)
- *15 June 2021 – Y.M.A. Day/Raja Sankranti to be observed only in Aizawl, Mizoram and Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- 20 June 2021 – Sunday (Weekly off)
- *25 June 2021 – Guru Hargobind Ji’s Birthday to be observed only in Jammu and Srinagar
- 26 June 2021 – Fourth Saturday
- 27 June 2021 – Sunday (Weekly off)
- *30 June 2021 – Remna Ni to be observed only in Aizawl, Mizoram
To Keep In Mind
The official bank holiday list of the RBI can be found here.
It is advised to keep checking it for updates.
It should also be noted that while the bank branches will be closed, customers can still avail of its services on mobile or on the web.